Author Topic: Windows should have....what feature?  (Read 6162 times)

Windows should have a better automatic same-file-name renamer. It would be nice to highlight a group of files, and hit something like alt+f2 for "alt rename" basically, naming a group of files folder, folder(1), folder(2), etc as usual, based on the order of item selection

for example, select 4 different downloaded vids using ctrl+click, then use alt+f2 to rename it something like "EPISODE" and instead of naming them all "EPISODE" (like usual f2) it names them EPISODE(1),EPISODE(2), etc based on the order you selected them in.

Windows should let you hold down a key and then the left mouse button to let you grab and move a window from anywhere. If you hold down said key and use the right mouse button it could resize it.

windows should have kept the windows classic theme and should have kept way more of the personalization it lost in windows 8 and beyond
windows should also have kept the luna theme as an optional theme which i always found it a little odd that they didnt considering how popular windows xp was

Fast command prompt and notepad shortcuts.
You can do this.

You just have to create a shortcut for the program first.

Windows should let you hold down a key and then the left mouse button to let you grab and move a window from anywhere. If you hold down said key and use the right mouse button it could resize it.
Im a bit confused since you can already move and resize windows, but you mean any window? Including, like, the start menu window right?

windows should have kept the windows classic theme and should have kept way more of the personalization it lost in windows 8 and beyond
windows should also have kept the luna theme as an optional theme which i always found it a little odd that they didnt considering how popular windows xp was
I agree. To this day I still find Vista more visually beautiful than 7, 8, or 10
Also, good point. I do wonder why they decided to let you use the classic and aero theme, but completely ditched the luna theme

A bit side tracked here but can i just ask what the forget is up with your avatar goth? It moves for like the first 10 frames and then doesn't move forever. I've been staring at it for a good 30 seconds and it hasn't looped or anything like what the forget.

A bit side tracked here but can i just ask what the forget is up with your avatar goth? It moves for like the first 10 frames and then doesn't move forever. I've been staring at it for a good 30 seconds and it hasn't looped or anything like what the forget.
you can make gifs that loop once in gimp, if you clear your cache it resets it

you can make gifs that loop once in gimp, if you clear your cache it resets it
I used a tiny program called UnFREEz, but Maxwell is right if you shift+f5 it will refresh the page with a cleared cache and you will see it animate again

Windows 7 should have window locations saved. That way, when I open a file/window and snap it to the left/right side of the screen, then close it and reopen it (or even full-window it) it's in the same location as when it was closed/full-windowed

Im a bit confused since you can already move and resize windows, but you mean any window? Including, like, the start menu window right?
What I mean is something like this:

I was able to resize the window without grabbing the border, and able to move it without grabbing the title-bar. This was because I held down a key I assigned (windows key in this case).

It would be nice if Windows had such a feature.

How about no spyware built-in?

As if Microsoft would even bother giving that up knowing people are gonna feel forced to use Windows 10 because it's the latest version.

to be fair pretty much every billionaire electronics corporation has some sort of spyware in their products

unfortunately this will never happen.

to be fair pretty much every billionaire electronics corporation has some sort of spyware in their products
Thats the NSA for ya - I'm sure they require certain companies (or even pay them) to do such things

What I mean is something like this:

I was able to resize the window without grabbing the border, and able to move it without grabbing the title-bar. This was because I held down a key I assigned (windows key in this case).

It would be nice if Windows had such a feature.
I see. They probably did that because the OS you are using was built with touch support as a primary goal. That would actually be quite handy for windows, very surprised 8/10 doesn't have this

WINDOWS SHOULD BE ABLE TO UPDATE ALL THE PROGRAMS AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT THE USER NOTICING AND IT SHIOULD BE LIGHTWEIGHT AND LOOK NICE AND BE FREE AND HAVE MORE KEYBINDS AND CREATE A CURE FOR ALL CANCERS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET WORLD PEACE AND END WORLD HUNGER AND DO MY HOMEWORK AND WALK MY DO;G