Bricktopia (Big Update, top of OP; public Discord link)

Author Topic: Bricktopia (Big Update, top of OP; public Discord link)  (Read 11486 times)

Bricks Resembling LEGO Brand Blocks Realm

Bricks Resembling LEGO Brand Blocks Realm
Damn, that's just so perfect, but oh dang! It has LEGO in the name! shoot! oh well, keep the ideas a-flowen

I'd have more respect for you if you didn't even acknowledge GSF. You do you.

this is like the 6th? project now that i've heard of that is a blockland-inspired game? not saying this is a bad thing - it's just surprising how many people really want this done
i mean go ahead with it but i'm really curious about which projects will continue growing/developing and which ones will fade into dust

hey badspot should try making one

is this like an arms race for a blockland-esque game

Rectangular Prism Planet
I actually really love this for some reason

it's blockland beta all over again

I'd have more respect for you if you didn't even acknowledge GSF. You do you.
It's cool! I am doin' me, and i have been since the beginning, despite everyone telling me to stop talking about some things that i care about. Such as Ghost and his project.
I'd like to know what you think i'm thinking when i talk about it, as well as if i'm the one bringing it up, I believe I only brought it up twice in the entire thread, the rest of me talking about them at all was in response to somebody else either comparing my game to theirs, or telling me to stop comparing my game to theirs.
The first time i brought them up was to mention that when i started making my project i found out that there were tons of others doing the same thing, not really a comparison, i didn't even mention anyone by name.
The second time i brought them up was to say that i'm going to tread lightly around names until they name theirs, not really comparing.

People keep telling me to stop acknowledging Ghost's existence and then they contradict themselves by saying "You do you" which, i literally decided to look up in the urban dictionary to see if i'm getting the message correctly:
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
The act of doing the things that you normally do. Nothing more, nothing less. Just being yourself

Which, i am.
So I'm not going to simply ignore the fact that [ASF]Ghost is making a blockland game.
I'm not going to simply ignore the fact that i really like [ASF]Ghost as a person because he's so nice.
I'm not going to simply ignore the fact that I am perfectly open to talking to and about him.
and I'm not going to simply ignore the fact that many, many people are going to be drawing comparisons and conclusions between and about us and our games.

I respect the message and the thought, but it's not really applicable to the situation, and, in fact, I would have much less respect for myself if I did ignore their existence. I believe that i made myself perfectly clear here, And while i highly appreciate people caring about me enough to leave these posts telling me to not concern myself with Ghost, let me assure you one last time that there is nothing to worry about, i am doing me, and it is in my nature to be open about this kind of stuff. Just becasue he exists doesn't mean that one should ignore him, especially if one is getting many replys to his topic drawing comparisons and conclusions about a competition between us that doesn't exist. So i will not be acknowledging any further replies telling me to "Stop [blank] [GSF]/[ASF]Ghost".

A friendly arms race, if that makes sense.
I mean it's literally what a game's race would be in comparison. Something for fun, because we want to :)

hey badspot should try making one
Who knows, he's been pretty in the shadows lately, maybe that's what he's been up to. Keeping it a secret until it's presentable.
Hasn't even been uploading to his own website very much.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:04:02 PM by Yin Yang »

you’re really behind on badspot news: hes pretty much officially done with this game and makes more money off of drawing research than off of BL. hes also been working on a game called perennial but thats in an unknown state rn

Oh good, glad we have more of the same original game based off the same original concept originating from the same original forums for the same original game.

the race to create blockland 2...

Oh good, glad we have more of the same original game based off the same original concept originating from the same original forums for the same original game.
Welcome to my -||- most original project to date!
lol ok dude honest clarity, my brain doesn't do original very well, My mind is better at working off of an existing concept, improving it and making it really cool, but making original ideas, not my cup of tea. Also i want an updated modern Blockland! Who doesn't man! I mean forgetting for a moment about "The devs are going to forget it up" anxieties that everybody has about any sequels or remakes or spiritual successors, if you knew for a fact that it would be done right, would anybody here NOT want a modern blockland remake?

you’re really behind on badspot news: hes pretty much officially done with this game and makes more money off of drawing research than off of BL. hes also been working on a game called perennial but thats in an unknown state rn
Oh ok, yeah i didn't look super far into it tbh, Badspot draws research??
I mean, jesus, okay, no judgement or anything but, just wasn't expecting that..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:31:37 PM by Yin Yang »

...but making original ideas, not my cup of tea.

[booing ensues]

[booing ensues]
care to elaborate?
Because whether i can think up a super original concept or not is irrelevant, I have my idea. Remake Blockland but better. Everything after that is "working off of an existing concept". You realize that all the features i added to the Plans section are my ideas, right?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:37:01 PM by Yin Yang »