Renderman | The Halloween 2019 Update + The Renderman Collection - See Pg. 7

Author Topic: Renderman | The Halloween 2019 Update + The Renderman Collection - See Pg. 7  (Read 35362 times)

Update has been posted by now! It's pending approval on Blockland Glass, and I'll be filling you guys in shortly.

Hello everyone.

Today I am announcing that this year's Halloween 2019 Update will be the last major update for Renderman. The last three years of making this mod have been a fun little adventure, and I want to thank you for playing.

Just to clarify: this is not a goodbye post from me. I'll still be around to fix bugs and occasionally do some smaller updates. Going forward, I plan to focus on CityRPG 4 and my other works outside of Blockland.

A lot of work has gone into this final release to make sure it is a special one, and I'm sure that it won't disappoint. This will be one of the largest single releases of Renderman content ever, and I'm excited to finally reveal it.

I hope this little mod of mine has brought spooks and fun all around. Thanks for playing.

~Lake

Now, let's get to the update:

New look for the Detector and Glitch Gun
Finally, the Glitch Detector and Glitch Gun have a new look! Models by Conan.

Renderman types

Mysterious structures
Strange builds may appear if you have the "Affect bricks and lights" preference enabled.

Render nights
A new option for survival servers. Each night, there is a (configurable) chance for Render to attack for the duration of that night.

Appearance modifiers
You can now create and install add-ons that customize what Render looks like. Slenderman mod included, download it here!

Even more assorted features and fixes
Here's the full changelog:

# What's New
+ Renderman types
+ Mysterious structures may appear if you have the "Affect bricks and lights" preference enabled
+ A new look for the Glitch Detector and, finally, a Glitch Gun model!
+ Render Nights - A new option for survival servers
+ Appearance modifiers - Custom mods to edit Render's appearance
+ Even more assorted features and fixes

# Changes
+ Added a new preference named "Nights" - When enabled, Render will only appear on certain nights, with an adjustable random chance.
+ The add-on now has compatibility features for "appearance modifiers" that can edit Render's appearance. See the forum thread for info: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=314260.0
+ Render's lights now adapt to the environment.
+ Added structures that can appear if the "Affect bricks and lights" preference is enabled. Structures will never appear on top of existing builds.
+ Added some new sound effects.
+ Updated effects for Glitch Shrines.
+ A console warning now displays if "Transform chance at spawn" is set, but there are no available targets.
+ Slightly tweaked the effects for the Render death screen.

* Fixed the scene for Render deaths being visible below the map when the ground is set to transparent.
* Fixed certain special deaths by Render bugging out if the target is above ground level.
* Fixed players not dying to Render while in a vehicle.
* Fixed "Transform chance at spawn" players never being able to attack in certain cases.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs with the mod. You can contact me here on the forums, or at my Discord.

Download Now
Alternate download
Download the Slenderman extension mod

This is the Renderman Collection, a definitive collection of Renderman content within Blockland. It includes various versions of Renderman, including Support_Rendermen, old versions of Support_Render, and more. It also includes tidbits and screenshots of development, and content that has never before been released.
This collection contains:
  • Older versions of Renderman
  • Every single version of Support_Render that was ever released. Beware that there are some major bugs in the older versions.
  • Older versions of the "Prepper" mod
  • Older versions of Chrisbot's Renderman Mod
  • Screenshots and tidbits from development
  • Renderman Haunting - A spooky adventure game-mode filled with challenges and mini-games along the way. See the main topic for more info
Download The Renderman Collection (68 MB)

Happy late Halloween!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:59:54 AM by LakeYS »

aw yeah

thanks for supporting this mod through the years. its really nice to see something keep getting support

It's nice to hear that Renderman is customizable! How I can do that? Cuz I want to try it too.

I'm planning on writing a tutorial later, but the basic idea is that you can download the pre-made Slenderman mod, open it up, open server.cs in notepad or another text editor, and from there you can edit it as you like. Some brief instructions are included in the server.cs and Support_Render_SlenderMod.cs
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:58:19 PM by LakeYS »

Mysterious structures
Strange builds may appear if you have the "Affect bricks and lights" preference enabled.
Can you make this its own option, I want the mod to mess with lights without having random structures appear

Nice update btw. Now it's much more spooky.

Can you make this its own option, I want the mod to mess with lights without having random structures appear
Sure, I'll look at doing this in a patch soon.

I probably should have noted that the structures always clear themselves after a short amount of time, so it won't spam up your server if that's the concern.

This new version doesn't like Support_HatMod very much. Every time I try to launch a server with HatMod and this enabled my entire game crashes. Console log just abruptly cuts off when this happens, so I have no idea what could be causing this.

This new version doesn't like Support_HatMod very much. Every time I try to launch a server with HatMod and this enabled my entire game crashes. Console log just abruptly cuts off when this happens, so I have no idea what could be causing this.
post the console log here, even though it crashes. consider trying starting the server without glass as well.

Bringing you some holiday cheer... Special festive effects are active starting today, no update required.