good video game soundtracks

Author Topic: good video game soundtracks  (Read 8149 times)

A Hat in Time
Kirby Air Ride
Super Mario Odyssey

Grim Fandango - 40s jazzy music. Best soundtrack out there.

Battle for Wesnoth - Fantasy'ish indie company music

Heroes of might and Magic III - High fantasy music as well

Bastion - Some sort of mix of acoustic and electronic steampunk vibe or something. Some really awesome songs.

and this
Ori and the Blind Forest

All of them incredible games with the best soundtracks. :3

cuphead
hotline miami 1 and 2
half life
mgsv
mgs3
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yeah i liked this one

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Moonbase Alpha did have a pretty good soundtrack

Ace Combat is usually full of great music even when the games aren't (like in assault horizon, or 5). Favorites are probably Tango Line, Comona, Blockade, Operation/Second Strike, Megalith, Zero, Valley of Kings/Avalon, Inferno, Round Table, Sortie themes 1 and 2 from Zero, Unsung War (deserved a better game to be in t b h), and Liberation of Gracemaria.

Battlefleet Gothic had a really small soundtrack (you could count the number of songs on your hands) but what was there was incredibly thematically appropriate. The Port music nails the ambience of a gigantic militarized cathedral and these two do the same for the battlescape, where you're basically operating 10 kilometer long age-of-sail tallships IN SPACE with all the broadsiding, boarding, and ramming that comes with the territory.

Speaking of space, if you like synths then Stellaris has more than two hours of it. It gets pretty samey though I have to admit but it works as a backdrop while you're doing tedious stuff and Birth of a Star, Robotic God, and Faster Than Light are all standout tracks in my opinion. While the game itself was of questionable quality at best the Title Theme for Beyond Earth did a great job of nailing the atmosphere of despair, and for being a glorified tech demo, Shattered Horizon's Title music, Loading music, and Pregame music are way better than one would expect.

Crysis and its expansion pack also had good music for a glorified tech demo. The point in the game Warm Idaho Welcome plays has always stood out in my mind as one of the more memorable sequences I've played through, along with the Train and Hovercraft chase sequences and holy stuff that loving Airfield Suite.

Battlefield used to have good music too. 2142's main theme was a unique take on the Battlefield theme song that goes off to do its own thing to tell you that this game wasn't gonna be the same old stuff you played before. The loading music for Minsk, Verdun, and Fall of Berlin made those lengthy load times on my stuffty old computer a lot more bearable, and despite Bad Company 2 being the harbinger of the awful multiplayer dumbing down to come, The Storm proved they still gave a stuff about the music department.

yall can hate on me but the starbound soundtrack slaps
I hated the starbound soundtrack at first but in hindsight I think the game just mishandled it. I remember muting the music because every time some handicapped procedurally generated bunny bug thing would hop nearby these pacific rim-ass horns would start blaring. Like, that is not a threatening enemy you need to bust out the brass for. Couldn't even enjoy the chiller sounding music because every time a mosquito flew on screen the orchestra started playing like the world was gonna end.

that stuff pissed me off too. that's why i got a mod that disabled the combat music completely

edit:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:45:14 PM by Trogtor »

i once fell asleep to the music in starbound once mainly cause i just sat in this cave with no intentions on getting out for the time being

I am content, looking at all these suggestions, that my post is still best.

no saints row 2 on there, you lookin for a tussle pardner?

...your post is best just because you sorted it?
if it's because of the music itself then wow buddy not everyone is you

no saints row 2 on there, you lookin for a tussle pardner?
Bring it motherforgeter, I've got electro.

hotline miami 1 ost is a banger