Author Topic: ROBLOX Thread ⱽ⁴ - Egg hunt apparently ?  (Read 91500 times)

I used to play roblox alot back in 2010 when i was only 9, it seems they're getting rid of everything I liked about the game. Why?
to appeal to muslims

to appeal to muslims
poo poo head
there trying to appeal to simple organisms
excluding humans

I used to play roblox alot back in 2010 when i was only 9, it seems they're getting rid of everything I liked about the game. Why?
Roblox has lost it's charm imo

after most of the original staff left they focused on getting a big playerbase and alienating people who were against them loving 90% of the engine to accomadate for Muh Children and thus the crusade started.

DevEx was a good thing with a bad side. Roblox was giving you 1 tenth of 100 robux (1 dollar) for your hard work. Then the price floor happened which flattened wholesale free shirts and cheap shirts to make you buy Le Robux (one dollar for 100 Rx or 10 shirts). Since this just stopped most people buying shirts, the next logical step is to alienate the fanbase and do stuff like remove the free currency for being active on the game which was literally 1:40 for a while so you'd have to actually pay for anything you wanted. This is to milk money from kids who don't usually pay.

The next logical step? Dunno. How about we just restrict access to every old game? Wanted to play the original laser tanks or something? forget you. Want to play Build N' Kill? forget you. We won't let you fix these games or play them even though they either work or have sentimental value or builds that are impressive enough to let the game go on it's own. Guess what? Meep City is literally city of robloxia with a cool city. Roblox does really stupud stuff to neuter themselves.

The second logical step? Remove users who are not online after a while and restrict access unless you give them your credit card number and adress. Never had BC before? Tough luck. No old account you spent hundreds on for you.

You've got a point with the Robux situation, but the only games that you cant play are ones that don't have Filtering Enabled turned on, and even then, you can only not play on them if your account is under 13 years old. All it takes is for the creator to turn that on and program the game to accommodate. Old games with creators that abandoned the platform get forgeted though.

Old games with creators that abandoned the platform get forgeted though.
which is what i was talking about. when is the last time you have played build n kill

you can only not play on them if your account is under 13 years old.
that's something I legit don't get, like what does this whole new security thing have to do with age lol

that's something I legit don't get, like what does this whole new security thing have to do with age lol
It's an excuse to get rid of games that don't earn them money.

It's an excuse to get rid of games that don't earn them money.
lmao

Games without filtering enabled turned on allow exploiters to do whatever they would like with the game, which includes spawning things and interacting with everyone else's client. Filtering enabled basically makes it so clients will ONLY see changes that the server makes, which gets rid of 99.99% of exploits off the bat. With it off, it would be incredibly easy for an exploiter to send something to other players that prompts them for something mundane, like a password or something, in order to receive robux/something in the game. Bonus points if the prompt is made to look like it was properly in the game, stylized with the place. Anyone under 13 is more likely to fall for it, obviously.
A weird rule, but it does have some base besides money.

Games without filtering enabled turned on allow exploiters to do whatever they would like with the game, which includes spawning things and interacting with everyone else's client. Filtering enabled basically makes it so clients will ONLY see changes that the server makes, which gets rid of 99.99% of exploits off the bat. With it off, it would be incredibly easy for an exploiter to send something to other players that prompts them for something mundane, like a password or something, in order to receive robux/something in the game. Bonus points if the prompt is made to look like it was properly in the game, stylized with the place. Anyone under 13 is more likely to fall for it, obviously.
A weird rule, but it does have some base besides money.
I already knew a lot of this, but ok I guess that makes sense

this has been pretty consistent for the majority of ROBLOX's history

some fringe nutjobs start gaming the system and instead of fixing the issue directly they decide to remove content to fix the problem, which results in mass alienation and more gaming of the system due to new problems popping up

shirt creators start complaining about people copying their shirts and pants and earning more money than them, so devs implement the price floor and lock off making shirts for NBC
so now about 75% of the shirt creators are completely locked off from being able to make any shirts, let alone profits, and those that can still make profits start making less and less sales because prices are way higher than what makes sense
on top of that, "NBC Shirt Creators" becomes one of the biggest groups on ROBLOX in a matter of days due to a loophole in the system in which the price floor doesn't apply to group-made clothing
this of course doesn't actually fix the problem of people losing profits to copying and in fact makes it worse since it's harder to figure out who's copying who because group-made clothing doesn't mention who specifically in the group uploaded it
this could've been simply fixed with a content ID system similar to YouTube's where if you uploaded the same image as was used for another shirt then it wouldn't allow you to make the shirt, as well as a flagging system for content creators to flag copies that somehow make it past the system, to be reviewed by moderators
but of course ROBLOX is ROBLOX

people start using bots in order to gain free TIX that they funnel into their main account in the thousands, converting a forgetton of it into ROBUX in order to cash out with DevEx, effectively crashing the value of TIX, so the devs remove TIX
I don't even think I need to explain how bad this was for people who weren't going to pay for ROBUX regardless but this effectively destroyed gaming on ROBLOX too, since you could no longer make money from people joining your game, forcing you to buck to modern trends and fill your games with DLC and microtransactions
all the while botting still occurred on ROBLOX and became an even larger problem down the line
this could've easily been fixed by adding anti-bot security checks like recaptcha and other systems before processes such as joining, trading currency or buying items, and the value of TIX could've been fixed by deflating the value of TIX by selling items for both TIX and ROBUX

the forums are continually bogged down by spam and stuffposting, so ROBLOX removes the forums
as a result everyone who just wanted to talk to other players and wasn't entirely interested in the games being pumped out these days left pretty much immediately and we have basic confirmation from the fact that they deleted the Suggestions and Ideas subforum without a second thought that they were almost never listening to player feedback
and the community as a whole is still stuff
if they actually put in the legwork required to run a forum the problem would be solved

I'm less well-versed on this latest stuffshow but what it sounds like is the following
people using cheat engine and other programs start exploiting in older games that don't have FilteringEnabled and begin asking people for passwords (I have never run across this in my 10 years of playing ROBLOX) which because they're children they tell them and they lose their stuff, so ROBLOX blocks off access completely to older games
as a result, some of the most iconic games ever made on ROBLOX that are a significant part of ROBLOX's history and make up a majority of older players' childhoods are now totally inaccessible
no doubt exploiters are going to find a way around this because they always do
easily fixable by editing ROBLOX's code to be unable to run in the presence of cheat engine and the more popular exploiting programs or by simply editing the loading screen of non-FilteringEnabled games to say something along the lines of "REMINDER: never give out your password"
but
of
course
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:29:46 PM by Tactical Nuke »

Its simple though as to why. Adding anti-cheat would require a tiny bit of a recode of the engine. It would cost more than just yanking out the old games which barely costs anything.

TLDR. It sucks, but it costs way less and it still fixes the issue.