should I sell my Wii U for a Switch

Author Topic: should I sell my Wii U for a Switch  (Read 3360 times)

Christmas is coming up and I don't really wanna hack up 350 or whatever for a Switch, so i'm about to sell my Wii U. I have the console, the tablet controller, cords, everything, as well as new super mario bros. U, hyrule warriors, and mario kart 8, all complete in box. Smash and Mario Maker and stuff are digitally downloaded, but i guess it'll be wiped before i sell it. I'm just wondering if this is a good compremise for the Switch and Mario Odyssey. I haven't played my Wii U regularly since Mario Maker came out like 2 years ago. Is this a good idea and how much would i get

go to a local game shop and they will at least offer you more than gamestop.

i personally wouldn't sell mine even though i don't play it. i like to collect consoles regardless.

being an owner of both consoles i can say with confidence that the switch will be worth it especially as more games come out for it. i currently own botw, mk8d, arms, splatoon 2 and mario odyssey and they're all great games that'll be well worth your time (i can describe any of these games with a bit of detail if you want by the way). switch doesn't have smash or mario maker yet so if you care about playing those you may want to hold off a bit.
also, when you sell your stuff, try what hillkill said and sell to a local game shop instead of just selling to gamestop. you'll get more $$$ that way.

I have both but I find myself playing the Switch way more since its super convenient having it in handheld mode on my desk. I'd say go for it.

I have both. I'm a huge fan of the Switch, but losing access to games you've already bought is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

if you don't use it, then you can sell it.

The Switch has already surpassed multiple years of the Wii U's lifespan in less than its first year. It's only going to get even more support and games from here on out and besides of you barely play the Wii U then you might as well sell it anyway.

Edit: Not to mention I've already put way more hours into my Switch than I ever had on my Wii U in far less of a time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:09:51 PM by ThatDarkNinja778 »

The switch is going to fail like the Wii-U.

we all thought that tony, but the switch actually has games unlike the wii-u

despite the fact that they've already sold millions of units and sold out in both na and japan several times?

Yeah I would get the switch if I were you

lord tony continues to endlessly harp on the switch v.93494630345