Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver

Author Topic: Police Shoot and Kill an Unarmed Daniel Shaver  (Read 15551 times)

WARNING: THIS TWEET CONTAINS FOOTAGE OF THE DEATH OF A PERSON. WATCH AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!
WARNING: THIS TWEET CONTAINS FOOTAGE OF THE DEATH OF A PERSON. WATCH AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/939014159726870530

It's very possible that posting this link is bannable, so I may just take it down and individually steam or PM it to those who are interested. There's no visible or extremely detailed gory/bloody footage involved, but you do see gunshots being fired and them hitting the man as he falls to the floor.

The video is nearly 6 minutes long. This is also pretty old but the footage was released recently apparently? IDK this is one of the days i see forgeted up stuff on Twitter

According to a police report, Daniel Shaver, a pest-control worker and resident of Granbury, Texas, had been staying at a Mesa La Quinta Inn on business. He invited two acquaintances to his room for drinks. There he showed them a scoped air rifle he was using to exterminate birds inside grocery stores. At one point the gun was pointed outside his hotel window, prompting a witness to notify the front desk; the police were immediately called. Upon arrival, police gave Shaver and his acquaintances detailed orders for various minutes, with frequent admonitions that failing to comply with them would get them shot. Eventually, Shaver was ordered to crawl on the floor towards them. While complying with their request, Shaver, who was intoxicated and could be heard sobbing, begging officers, "Please don't shoot," made a single hand motion, notably distant from his waist. Brailsford yelled at Shaver that if Shaver did anything whatsoever that deviated from his instructions he would shoot him and he probably wouldn’t survive. For unknown reasons Shaver then reached his right hand back towards his waistband again at which point Brailsford can be heard yelling "Don't-" before immediately opening fire with his AR-15 rifle, striking Shaver 5 times and killing him almost instantly. Shaver was unarmed.

Personally, it's hard as forget to watch. It's confusing what the officer is trying to tell him because he's just yelling all this stuff while Shaver was trying to do the last thing he got yelled at to do which was just causing more stress and anxiety. I can't even imagine the amount of pressure and anxiety he had. What are your guys' thoughts? Shaver was being real stupid loving around with a gun and at the same time i don't understand why the officers didn't just cuff them while they were down? It seemed like there was just a lot of unnecessary instruction and stress.

Also, tell me if the video link should be removed from the OP. I don't think it really constitutes as gore but idk.

cue the black lives matter arguments but luckily jitank isnt here

doesn't really look banable

but its forgeted up

jesus loving christ what's wrong with that cop
plus they didn't know how to use a loving keycard what the forget

i thought the police here were insane but this is forgeted up

that is so forgeted up, the cop was a loving dipstuff why couldn't they just cuffed him instead of shooting for basically no reason
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:39:27 PM by cooolguy32 »

Wooo more police brutality.
Why can't they just learn to do their loving jobs correctly?

The cop was also acquitted of second degree murder.

shooting for basically no reason

they had their own reasons but the reasons were extremely flawed

they had their own reasons but the reasons were extremely flawed

yeah I heard the cop yell at the guy to crawl to him and out of nowhere the cop just shot him like WTF

Wooo more police brutality.
Why can't they just learn to do their loving jobs correctly?

i sure love it when a teenager on the internet tells people how to do their jobs

yeah I heard the cop yell at the guy to crawl to him and out of nowhere the cop just shot him like WTF
I think it was because he flailed his right arm backwards right before he got shot

I'm not going to have a nice rest tonight. Thats my saturday ruined.