Server name - Official New Years 2018

Discord, for preload and optional - https://discord.gg/YDN9pYe
0 (0%)
Music stream, mandatory - http://newyears.block.land
0 (0%)
Preload starting soon
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Official New Years 2018 - 142 Players!  (Read 76041 times)

the chad biggies vs the virgin police

Guessing Blake1 isn't hosting this one

we got the server my dudes
Guessing Blake1 isn't hosting this one
he's welcome to join for something we're doing, more details will come but it's something before the event

Reading back over the thread, it's been quite interesting to take a peak at the toxic nature of parts of this community. Blockland isn't gaining content creators, and so we should be pushing and praising people who actually do take the time and effort to produce good quality stuff, regardless of our personal feeling of the creators. Instead, the reactions of some people in this thread have shown off why this community gets labels like "toxic". Just because those people don't have an interest in it, it apparently means the content is bad and should deserve intensive negative criticism (when it's not even accessible), or even worse, active sabotage as I've heard about.

I made a thread on my plan for the new year and how I was thinking of continuing forward with a mod project most likely in Blockland, but given the way people are getting treated in here I think it's safe to say that there's really no point since I don't want to have to deal with children threatening to take out my server or giving me constant stuff over meaningless visual build aspects. I've personally tried to keep myself in the dark about New Years as much as possible so I can be caught in the wonder of what I've heard my friends been building for quite a while now, and I'm going to be pretty mighty pissed if a bunch of pathetic little children were to try and deprive me of that over some fictional, petty perceived gang-war.

it seems more to me like there was some behind-the-scenes middle school drama and now the people bitching about the server are butthurt over whatever happened

unless you get involved in something like that, I think you should be fine
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:29:01 PM by Electrk.. »

the fact that people are actually pissed over the fact that this server simply exists is sad

It's fun to see this being hosted again this year, although I will not be attending this year's New Years party. Amazing work done by the team so far.

Reading back over the thread, it's been quite interesting to take a peak at the toxic nature of parts of this community. Blockland isn't gaining content creators, and so we should be pushing and praising people who actually do take the time and effort to produce good quality stuff, regardless of our personal feeling of the creators. Instead, the reactions of some people in this thread have shown off why this community gets labels like "toxic". Just because those people don't have an interest in it, it apparently means the content is bad and should deserve intensive negative criticism (when it's not even accessible), or even worse, active sabotage as I've heard about.

I made a thread on my plan for the new year and how I was thinking of continuing forward with a mod project most likely in Blockland, but given the way people are getting treated in here I think it's safe to say that there's really no point since I don't want to have to deal with children threatening to take out my server or giving me constant stuff over meaningless visual build aspects. I've personally tried to keep myself in the dark about New Years as much as possible so I can be caught in the wonder of what I've heard my friends been building for quite a while now, and I'm going to be pretty mighty pissed if a bunch of pathetic little children were to try and deprive me of that over some fictional, petty perceived gang-war.
are you seriously calling the clique "content creators" lol
release your stuff first

missed this one, we will release a save with all of the assets used after new years, most likely on the day of, or at least when things slow down
including add-ons

What actually are you talking about?
Like half the comments here are from the Clique itself and the rest are mostly positive.
This is like those Reddit comments that say "ugh this comment section is so horrible" that by the time you find them, any bad comments have been downvoted to hell making the complaint a moot point.
No one's trying to sabotage anything. Criticism and even competition do not count as sabotage.

Says the guy who literally threw shade on the first page of the thread

make me VIP or i will spawn the ice cave ten times every five minutes until the server is nothing but ice caves