Author Topic: simple configurable crafting system  (Read 2863 times)

i know stuff like rpgx exists with its own crafting thing but it uses so many goddamn datablocks and uses a clientside feature and a bunch of other bullstuff but i want something simple that doesn't require a client or some bullstuff

what kind of crafting?
the interface will probably determine the complexity of the mod

easy to code would be a slash command system, but not easy to use

what could be interesting is throwing items on top of a named brick or something

what kind of crafting?
the interface will probably determine the complexity of the mod

easy to code would be a slash command system, but not easy to use

what could be interesting is throwing items on top of a named brick or something

i was thinking about some sort of numpad controlled interface or something similar to how minecraft crafting works

numpad specific would require a client mod
if you're trying to use the brick shifting controls, then maybe (but it might be weird on laptops)

numpad specific would require a client mod
if you're trying to use the brick shifting controls, then maybe (but it might be weird on laptops)

yea i want brick shift controls if you want to be that specific
if something like what i suggested above doesent work you could use a big list and just have it display what it requires for someone to craft it

so what is being used to craft? items from the inventory?
how will they see what they have in the grid?

so what is being used to craft? items from the inventory?
how will they see what they have in the grid?

yes and like i said before you can use the list idea i also had

if there were more details about how to use it, it'd be easier to make

ie, if there are categories, what each button would do, if there should be ways to sort the list, what the inputs/outputs should be, how and where it should display

if there were more details about how to use it, it'd be easier to make

ie, if there are categories, what each button would do, if there should be ways to sort the list, what the inputs/outputs should be, how and where it should display

maybe something like the runescape crafting system where it basically shows the ui image for the item that's gonna be outputted from the recipe

I thought the point of this was to remove all client addons?

I thought the point of this was to remove all client addons?

cant you get ui images without using a clientside addon?

yeah
not quite as pretty as that though

also not sure if the client always downloads the weapon icons
I kind of remember some weapons just having the first letter as their icon
could force the download by putting it on a vehicle(?)

I have both those coded (tested semi). It was for my second RPG which the code was supposed to be open sourced, which I'll upload to github in a bit if anyone wants to use the crafting class system as a base..