Author Topic: (video) Why every game needs Bots  (Read 5477 times)

Super Bunnyhop offers a "brief" brown townysis on bots, going over how bots rose and fell in videogames and their impact:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYjayrKRDs

Bots don't tell you to kys from time to time
any good bot system will include the bots telling you to kys from time to time

I miss going onto Counter-Strike: Source, and starting a custom match with 50 bots on it or something. One time, I even tried 100. That all-out warfare felt great.. though, extremely laggy.
I wish every game had some sort of bot system because it's just fun to forget around with.

Bots are not Nonnel telling you that any good bot system will include the bots telling you to kys from time to time

My friend and I actually just played a round of Black Ops, us against eight veteran-level bots. The thing about veteran-level bots is that if they're facing in your general direction, no matter where they are in space, they will almost certainly kill you. And there's eight of them, against us two, who almost never go online.

It was the most fun I've had in a while. We had to hide in a building with only one entrance, and one of us would lie flat on the ground aiming at the stairs while the other one would fire at the very few bots that didn't notice us below on the street. They called mortars in on us about five times and about every five minutes, a semtex would fly in and kill us, destroying our tactical spawnpoints and throwing us out onto the street. We had to make a mad dash back to the building then. Eventually, we figured out the perfect strategy: one of us aggros enemies by throwing grenades or shooting haphazardly out the window, at which point the bots immediately know where we are and start coming after us. One of us is at the top of the stairs facing the wall with a suppressed shotgun, and when they come up the stairs, we shoot them in the legs and instantly kill them. We won by four kills in a round with a goal of 150 kills.

Imagine doing that with players. It would be impossible. They function too differently for anything like that to work.

i've had a lot of fun messing about with bots in tf2 or in gmod, basically making myself op as the richardens

the only thing that could make it better would be even more bots but it's too laggy :(

I spent a lot of time playing against bots in Black Ops and stuff like this was so much fun.

nice to see so many of u have as much of an interest in bots as i do! :)
i'd also like to recommend ravenfield, it's made specifically to play with bots in a battlefield-esque environment and it's pretty fun!

you made a good thread sethy.
thx beary c:

any good bot system will include the bots telling you to kys from time to time
yeah this

nice to see so many of u have as much of an interest in bots as i do! :)
i'd also like to recommend ravenfield, it's made specifically to play with bots in a battlefield-esque environment and it's pretty fun!
thx beary c:

ravenfield is loving awesome

more games need couch co-op. some my best memories in gaming are split screen games with my brothers or friends. now you almost never have it unless the game is specifically designed to be a party game :/

more games need couch co-op. some my best memories in gaming are split screen games with my brothers or friends. now you almost never have it unless the game is specifically designed to be a party game :/
that's a bit of a different subject but i agree with this too!! i remember the good ol' days when my parents would play things like racing games with me split-screen sometimes, of course i played the games more than them so i'd beat them a lot :p but ya when i try and play with friends nowadays locally there aren't many choices to choose from that aren't already just party games

Timesplitters was the game I spent hours playing because of the single player arcade mode playing with bots. Bots are sometimes more fun to play with because the amount of stuff you can do with them and they can be hilarious at times. The most fun game I've ever played however, with bots, has to be Unreal tournament 2004. My UT2004 is forgetin pushed to the limit with mods and you can download skins to add new characters to the game. Some skins have voice packs which is the fundamental aspect since the voice packs are used for good humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LUz7AiwHc

I think this video I made above in UT2004 explains why ut2004 is one of the greatest games ever made, just countless hours of fun. I wish more fps games were like that today

Competitive multiplayer sucks and is ruining the game industry. PvE co-op is the only way forward

WHY IS SPLITSCREEN SO OBSCURE NOW