Author Topic: RogueType - An in-browser roguelike game (v2.1.3)  (Read 12237 times)

so when are you gonna correct the typo in the title

What typo?
Apparently I'm bad at proofreading

I've been outplayed.

when you look at the main.js code

when you look at the main.js code

Yeah I admit it, I didn't put much thought into how to organize that code. It's primarily UI-facing stuff which could probably be broken out into it's own file. Just haven't felt like making new files for anything that wasn't entirely contained in a class.

Yeah I admit it, I didn't put much thought into how to organize that code. It's primarily UI-facing stuff which could probably be broken out into it's own file. Just haven't felt like making new files for anything that wasn't entirely contained in a class.

im just messing with you, its legible enough that I was able to add some things to it without much knowledge of the bigger picture. (I'm ToasterBiome) so I would say good work. Only thing I would change is splitting enchantments into their own class (instead of being part of the item class) but I didn't know if you would want that or not so I haven't touched it yet.

Today is a very special update. Play as Rotondo to find the best easter eggs while avoiding conflict!

Today is a very special update. Play as Rotondo to find the best easter eggs while avoiding conflict!
badspot update when

v2.0.0 is finally here! This introduces a lot of new content, with even more planned for the next minor update. This update includes wands for casting spells, but I plan to also have scrolls which allow you to access the same powerful effects but they're single use (and very common). I've not had much time to think about the balance regarding the magic, overall the game should be easier if you use magic well to your advantage.

v2.0.0
- Magical wands have been added! Have fun burning your enemies to a crisp with your trusty wand of fireball!
- Added a few enhanced versions of standard potions.
- Added a number of enhanced weapons.
- Item rarity system overhaul, there are now four tiers of item rarity. Common (potions, very weak weapons, junk), Uncommon (standard weapons, enhanced potions, basic wands), Rare (stronger weapons, standard wands, level up potion), and Ultra Rare (very powerful weapons and wands).
- Easter eggs?
- Added spear trap hazard (currently unimplemented)
- The game cookie is now handled a bit better.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:05:01 PM by Pecon »

magic you say?

seriously though this stuff is cool

just got to the boss for the first time :( No clue how you're supposed to stay away from the displacer beast if you dont have a wand/weapon of concussion.

just got to the boss for the first time :( No clue how you're supposed to stay away from the displacer beast if you dont have a wand/weapon of concussion.
The key is realizing that it will chase down items as well. Feed it a healthy diet of junk items and it'll be disabled long enough to get a hit or two in.