Author Topic: RogueType - An in-browser roguelike game (v2.1.3)  (Read 12379 times)

how tf do I add an item into the player's inventory? inventory.push(new item("antipoison_potion"), null); says item is not a constructor. adding null to the location still says item is not a constructor, but it is!

how tf do I add an item into the player's inventory? inventory.push(new item("antipoison_potion"), null); says item is not a constructor. adding null to the location still says item is not a constructor, but it is!

You have to trigger an inventory update for it to refresh the inventory list. Set inventoryUpdate = true; and then either take a turn in-game or call updateDisplay();.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:02:26 PM by Pecon »

The key is realizing that it will chase down items as well. Feed it a healthy diet of junk items and it'll be disabled long enough to get a hit or two in.
wait you can drop items?

wait you can drop items?

It seems you actually cant until a certain stage of the game but I dont know what triggers that stage.

You have to trigger an inventory update for it to refresh the inventory list. Set inventoryUpdate = true; and then either take a turn in-game or call updateDisplay();.

ah i figured it out, where I was trying to use new item(etc) there was already an item var! Also added a pull request,

EDIT: whoops accidentally made 3
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:10:09 PM by Waru »

the thing is with rogues like Crypt of the Necromancer and RogueType is you have to get to the actual boss to do anything with it
Add maybe a boss training mode with like 40 randomized items with 20 guaranteed to be junk

This is a pretty major update even though it doesn't add a whole lot of content to the game. Mostly updates to the UI and fixes to some major issues. A minor update is likely to follow this one pretty soon that will introduce spell scrolls.

v2.1.0
- Fixed a bug with the boss room door.
- Spear traps have been implemented on the normal and hard difficulty maps. (credit ToasterBiome aka: baiomu)
- Some work has been done regarding the implementation of altars, but is not accessible yet. (credit ToasterBiome aka: baiomu)
- You no longer can gain exp for killing yourself. (As hilarious and obscure this interaction was, it defeated the point of some 'dangerous' actions since you would often level up from the exp you gained from killing yourself, which would then often heal you above the threshold for dying)
- You now have to hover the mouse over inventory items to see their action buttons. This makes the inventory interface much cleaner and addresses some issues with buttons and text overflowing off inventory entries. (credit Zeustal for tick graphic)
- The inventory is now sorted, and junk items now "stack" so that duplicates of them do not take up so much space.
- Item dropping is now enabled for all stages of the game. I personally recommend not dropping anything, but I guess you can now if you really want to.
- Statuses such as poison, stun, exhaustion, loss of control, and certain enchantment information are now displayed underneath the other stat counters. (credit Zeustal for all status graphics)
- Attacking monsters from a distance should now cause them to aggro properly.
- Increased the size of the boss room in The Dungeon on easy and normal to make things just slightly less claustrophobic.
- The Displacer Beast shouldn't get stuck behind hazards anymore.
- Restored feature where potions only take half a turn to use, making them more viable to use during combat.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:37:11 PM by Pecon »

Just a small release.

v2.1.1
- Further improvements to inventory sorting.
- Added a status icon for damage reduction. (credit Zeustal for graphics)
- Added scrolls which work a lot like potions but are a seperate category of items and take a full turn to use (unlike potions which use your quick action which won't end your turn). Scrolls have the same rarity level as normal potions (But since there are more potion varieties you'll still encounter potions more often). Adds Scroll of Identify, Scroll of Recharge, and Scroll of Cleansing; with more to come soon.
- Scroll of Identify has replaced Potion of Identification. The code for the identify effect has been updated to choose identifiable items at random from the inventory (as was always intended but I was lazy and never got around to fixing it until now), and now will consistently identify a number of items somewhat proportionate to the number of items available ceil(log(eligibleItemsTotal) + 0.25).
- Fixed a bug where monsters would stand in place forever after losing their target.

can we have an option to switch from normal mode to april fools mode

can we have an option to switch from normal mode to april fools mode
No, because that was basically a special release of the game. Maybe next year I'll do something that can stick around beyond that release.

wands are awesome. but is there a way to see which ones disintegrate faster and hit more?
also wtf are cats for? i switched to easy mode a bit and i found some cats. i tried dropping rat meat near them and petting them but nothing seemed to happen

btw i made my map but it kind of sucks
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:54:08 PM by Curse You »

wands are awesome. but is there a way to see which ones disintegrate faster and hit more?
You can't tell how much charge a wand has, but generally speaking wands with minor spells on them will persist a lot longer than wands with major spells on them.
also wtf are cats for? i switched to easy mode a bit and i found some cats. i tried dropping rat meat near them and petting them but nothing seemed to happen
Cat.
btw i made my map but it kind of sucks
Well if you finish it up feel free to post the link for it here, it would be the first non-default map anyone has shared.

going to make a map for this

the game is a really cool idea and i like it a lot

also, is there a way to add custom items to our maps?