Glass' Trench Wars (More Updates)

Poll

Which server do you prefer?

Fort Wars
45 (46.4%)
Trench Wars
52 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Author Topic: Glass' Trench Wars (More Updates)  (Read 30802 times)

Yeah you should totally do something about the fov
I don't want to be that guy who complains about fov, but please this. It messes with my head and makes me dizzy with the constant fov changing.

Yeah, it's pretty simple, just strip out the code that modifies the FOV, a player clicking f is much better then automatically messing with people's FOV everytime you ADS.

I don't want to be that guy who complains about fov, but please this. It messes with my head and makes me dizzy with the constant fov changing.
Then lower your FOV to what the guns use so it doesn’t keep switching around?

Then lower your FOV to what the guns use so it doesn’t keep switching around?
But I don't wanna play on lower fov :( Like I said it makes me dizzy. I got used to my fov.

Glass it really isn't hard to at least try and actually listen to people's suggestions.

Capturing the flag isn’t a difficult task, so 12 points is plenty. In an update I am planning it’s going to be more difficult so it’ll probably be 20 instead.
Glass it really isn't hard to at least try and actually listen to people's suggestions.
Congratulations on becoming a broken record.

It might be easy for you and your admin team but for normal players it isn't, they don't have rapid shovel or admin orb like you guys use.

All I see here is glass not taking the player's suggestions, also Glass, why are your admins cheating all the time with rapid shovel?
Yeah, I don't really expect this server to last if admins cheat and the horrible weapons and weapon balance aren't addressed. The AK can't hit the broad side of a barn, but the 80 point gun is pretty much dead on. How are you supposed to get points if everyone is sniping you across the map with guns leagues better than yours?

It might be easy for you and your admin team but for normal players it isn't, they don't have rapid shovel or admin orb like you guys use.
lmao what
you're either lying through your teeth or you're taking something out of context here
Yeah, I don't really expect this server to last if admins cheat and the horrible weapons and weapon balance aren't addressed. The AK can't hit the broad side of a barn, but the 80 point gun is pretty much dead on. How are you supposed to get points if everyone is sniping you across the map with guns leagues better than yours?
most of the automatic guns are pretty stuff at long range tbh
i find that handguns work better for long range encounters and automatic for cqc
in the end its really luck because the spread is ridiculous on all of the weapons

it lasted last time
also the admins don't cheat lmao they just play a lot---that's why they're admins

lmao one of the admins was rapid shoveling right in front of me, something the normal players do not have access to.

lmao one of the admins was rapid shoveling right in front of me, something the normal players do not have access to.
what do you even mean by rapid shoveling

Admins have a command that lets them dig/place blocks much faster than normal people. One if not more of the admins were definitely doing so when I was on. Not sure why you can’t just remove the command.

As for the FOV thing it’s absolutely ridiculous to expect us to change our FOV just because of your poorly coded server. It wouldn’t even be that hard to remove or even properly fix the issue.

Not a single admin uses admin orb to cheat lmfao. Bring me proof and they would get removed immediately, but you can’t because it doesn’t happen. I have admin orbed (most times out of mini game) because I see someone off in the distance doing something shady or spam digging little holes everywhere, or if I need to destroy something gamebreaking such as an OP skybase (which if you have played my server mire than an hour you have probably found out they get erased often due to being abused.

Then use a different tactic. If you can’t make it across the map without being sniped then maybe you need to utilize the name of the game “Trench” Wars. People fail to realize that you can’t expect to run across the open no mans land and survive.
Admins have a command that lets them dig/place blocks much faster than normal people. One if not more of the admins were definitely doing so when I was on. Not sure why you can’t just remove the command.

As for the FOV thing it’s absolutely ridiculous to expect us to change our FOV just because of your poorly coded server. It wouldn’t even be that hard to remove or even properly fix the issue.
I have no one willing to sit down and look through 12 files of code so it’s not getting fixed anytime soon unless someone wants to.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:44:33 PM by Clear Glass »

Update: I just sat down with each weapon script and fixed the FOV's, testing it now to make sure it actually worked.

Update 2: FOV issue is resolved.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:57:12 PM by Clear Glass »