nu metal: stuck in 1998
4 (9.5%)
DJENT MOTHERforgetER: BADASS
2 (4.8%)
progressive metal: jill steins fav genre
1 (2.4%)
alternative metal: alice in chains is best
4 (9.5%)
HYPER PROGRESSIVE SUPER DJENT PROG NU HEAVY AMISH FREINDLY ISLAMIC AVANT GARDE METALCORE GRINDCORE DEATHCORE METAL
10 (23.8%)
doom metal: 5 bmp is best
13 (31%)
classic heavy metal: stuck in 1975
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: im making a stuffty band with my brother: PICK A GENRE  (Read 6832 times)

/title

were mainly focusing on hard rock and metal, and were already starting to write songs for our first demo

but we have a few problems

1: where should i post the songs other than youtube

2: we need a band name

3: how are we gonna record

any ideas
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:09:10 AM by Fire Vine »

band name should be boingo bringo

band name should be boingo bringo
Blockland Forum
|-+

not too bad lol

were not gonna be a very serious band anyway

and you can record using audacity or somethin

/title

were mainly focusing on hard rock and metal, and were already starting to write songs for our first demo

but we have a few problems

1: where should i post the songs other than youtube

2: we need a band name

3: how are we gonna record

any ideas

1. bandcamp, probably

2. youll figure it out

3. get a blue yeti or something and record in a garage (now youre garage metal!)

and you can record using audacity or somethin

yeah i use audacity but all i have is this stuffty logitech usb ROCK BAND mic, though it sounds actually quite ok

oh well it will fit in with the style of the band lol

what kind of music are you planning on making anyway

what kind of music are you planning on making anyway

hard rock and metal

mostly thrash and nu metal (yes, i said that correctly, NU METAL)

like i said this isint a very serious band

hard rock and metal

mostly thrash and nu metal (yes, i said that correctly, NU METAL)

like i said this isint a very serious band
forgetin send me all your albums

Two places you could put your music is on Bandcamp and Soundcloud.

if you want to record, you're probably going to need good recording equipment, including something that record high quality audio, you could even use a program like Logic Pro X and mix everything together if you want.

Two places you could put your music is on Bandcamp and Soundcloud.

if you want to record, you're probably going to need good recording equipment, including something that record high quality audio, you could even use a program like Logic Pro X and mix everything together if you want.

dont have a mac me brother

plus i have a budget of litterly 0$ because i just ordered a new amp because the tiny fender amp im using rn is horrid for anything with distortion

dont have a mac me brother

plus i have a budget of litterly 0$ because i just ordered a new amp because the tiny fender amp im using rn is horrid for anything with distortion

You're not limited to Logic Pro X, there's things like Reaper, if you want to do something like this you'll need access to the equipment which, from what I can tell, you don't have.

If you want, you could record things on a phone, maybe just advertise them as "Scratch Recordings" until you can actually get something to record with.

But basically, if you can't buy anything just stick with anything you've got, since that's your only option.

Record using Audacity on a laptop, using a microphone, I'd recommend this mic for both vocals and guitar

If you want a desktop microphone, the best for your money is the Neewer NW-700 Microphone & Boom / Shock Mount / Pop filter / Xlr-to-3.5mm Kit, and a Neewer 48v Phantom Power Supply, which comes with an Xlr-Xlr cable.

im also gonna try using bass with my guitar by playing fingerstyle and lowering the pitch in audacity by 1 octive