[POLL] What FOV do you use?

Poll

Which is it?

< 85
< 95
< 110
120!

Author Topic: [POLL] What FOV do you use?  (Read 2664 times)

The server CAN detect the client's FOV, but most weapon packs are old and dont use this new function.
in my experience theres some sort of network issue where the clients fov doesn't get transmitted so the server assumes 90 so about 2-10% of the time it defaults to 90 even if that isn't the correct fov

anything below 110 feels extremely loving weird

i used 120 for a while but i felt like it was a bit much so i brought it down to about 110 or 100 can't remember which tbh lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:18:10 PM by gr8dayseth »

i feel like the poll is weird for not having a 90 option

i feel like the poll is weird for not having a 90 option
I was just trying to see if people used less than 95 but I added that less than 85 just because it was an extra option. At this point the poll options I put up doesn't even matter because I got that function, also yeah I noticed on occasion the function isn't accurate, like you said. But for the most part it works fine.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:04:38 PM by IdeTheBird »

%player.getCameraFov() returns more reliable results

I don’t know if that’s the actual function but I know it’s a player method and not a client method

120 feels real nice for me imo

I play at 120. I was playing Just Cause 3 today which has a locked fov of THIRTY FIVE it's unbearable

I play at 120. I was playing Just Cause 3 today which has a locked fov of THIRTY FIVE it's unbearable
I asked one of the developers why its like they and he said just cause.

NVM client.setControlCameraFov(%client.zoom);
??? I wonder what mod sets that up.

I figured out a way to reliably get a default FOV level.  So I made it into a support mod.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=316235

the uh, default one... i guess

its pretty much perfect because i never change my fov