Author Topic: BLF OpenTTD Dedicated Server - [ONLINE]  (Read 3130 times)

does the server have any newgrfs installed or is it all vanilla TTD stuff

does the server have any newgrfs installed or is it all vanilla TTD stuff

we installed a newGRF to fix oil well production because apparently they're broken natively, but beyond that, that's it
russian is taking suggestions if you'd like any newGRFs added

industrial stations renewal is good. it just adds cosmetic stuff and doesn't actually change the balance of the game any. I like FIRS as well but that adds new industries and balance to the game.

He's going to go down to the city hall and put the brakes on the gravy train.

i dont know how to play aaaaahhhh

well since there are no rules against stealing peoples created goods. im going to forget with EVERYONE's productions. blowing up your trains and cars too.

is there a proper way to play openttd that isn't just grinding for planes as quickly as possible then making trillions of dollars because that's what i always did

is there a proper way to play openttd that isn't just grinding for planes as quickly as possible then making trillions of dollars because that's what i always did
yes, you can always build railways you know

how many trillions of dollars will i make from that

well since there are no rules against stealing peoples created goods. im going to forget with EVERYONE's productions. blowing up your trains and cars too.

bm

and such begins the bullstuff when youre trying to build up something good

I suggest changing these settings in the settings tabs.

Accounting
Inflation: On => Off
This is because inflation is the worst mechanic ever and in a dedicated multiplayer server its worse since it makes profits lower over time.

Limitations
Vehicles never expire: Off => On
Airports never expire: Off => On
This is to make vehicles and airports never expire because expiring vehicles makes budget options dissapear and that makes it worse for new players.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:53:47 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

I suggest changing these settings in the settings tabs.

Accounting
Inflation: On => Off
This is because inflation is the worst mechanic ever and in a dedicated multiplayer server its worse since it makes profits lower over time.

Limitations
Vehicles never expire: Off => On
Airports never expire: Off => On
This is to make vehicles and airports never expire because expiring vehicles makes budget options dissapear and that makes it worse for new players.

noted, i'll pass it on to russian

as of right now, we're around 11 years from restart, so the server will be back to 1960 by 6 PM EST. next map will be desert, as requested

-snip-

as an additional rule, please don't do stuff like this

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:28:42 PM by Comatose »

Updated the config file to desert map and disabled vehicle and airport expiration.