What are your opinions, good and bad about the bl forums and the people on it?

Author Topic: What are your opinions, good and bad about the bl forums and the people on it?  (Read 9169 times)

4. oblivious trolling. a lot of people here play dumb a lot and its pretty gay lol. people posting obviously baity stuff just to start something for either no reason or some really petty reason that they all huddled around in their discords to stuff over with their booger eating friends for a couple hours. but then theres the other users who know its baity stuff and decide to say forgetit and initiate the stuff starting anyways. and then the best part: each side wonders why the other is so handicapped but the twist is that they're both handicapped. the only winning move is not to play

this is real stuff.

see now this is quality forum content

[img width=60 0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/200494791702740992/404877201767399424/fExBrsr.png[/img]
why

1.What are your opinions, good and bad about the bl forums and the people on it?

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/24/151276620/firm-leaves-miss-after-its-prison-is-called-cesspool

Quote from: NPR
As those words imply, the official report is scathing.

Federal Judge Carlton Reeves wrote that the youth prison "has allowed a cesspool of unconstitutional and inhuman acts and conditions to germinate, the sum of which places the offenders at substantial ongoing risk."

There are a lot of good people, but almost all of them either don't go on the forums or they are barely tied to the BLF at all.

2.If you could, what would be your approach to stop the bad behavior and encourage good behavior?

Separate political discussion to its own subforum. Pull mods from the good members of this community. Jincux would be a very good example of this.

3.Do you flat out dislike people who display negative behavior, do you tend to forgive them, or are you indifferent?

I forgive them if they change. An overwhelming majority of the people who display bad behavior or are just loving dumbasses stay that way.

That being said, I understand there are people who I've just accepted are probably trolling. When you realize this, it's a lot easier to navigate discussion.

4.What is some behavior that tends to get on your nerves the quickest?

Probably the fastest way to get on my nerves is to act all elitist and holier-than-thou, especially if you're a problem user. One of the more recent things that really pissed me off was Raccooner making fun of OfficerZach when he's demonstrably far worse than him (that's even supposing that Zach is a bad guy, he's provably grown in his time here to be actually a bit respectable). It's also outstanding how many people will just defend people doing really stuffty things, like with the whole beachbum private investigating scandal recently. I'm not going to dig into that anymore. There's a whole topic for that.

Probably the most worrying trend at the moment is people literally buying a key and registering it literally the moment they get permabanned. Remember when it took Kimon a good couple of weeks to come back as Karl Marx? Good ol' days. Now, someone will get banned and they'll be back within five seconds. I'd understand why Badspot is tired of dealing with that. Even if you get BoS, you can just join a discord with a bunch of other BLFers and it'll be like nothing even changed. There are a large amount of people who have a ridiculously unhealthy obsession with this site and the people on it. And yes, I'm looking at you, Nickpb and Ravencroft.

5.Do you think that you are in anyway contributing to the negative or positive aspects of the forums? If yes, then how so?

The overwhelming majority of people who contribute to the community in meaningful ways are good people. I'm ramping up to contribute in that same way. I'm already an admin on some notable servers. I've also found that the majority of the creators on the drawing megathread are very good people.

That being said, it'd be in my best interest to slow down taking part in political discussions. They've gotten so polarizing that it seeps into all other parts of the BLF and it makes you actually angry even if there's a significant amount of people who are just joking or trolling (badly).

That's all I'm gonna say about that right now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:13:24 AM by Tactical Nuke »

don't even bother separating political discussion, i'd suggest outright banning it. i don't think it segues into a forum meant for a lego game.

don't even bother separating political discussion, i'd suggest outright banning it. i don't think it segues into a forum meant for a lego game.
it's legitimate off topic discussion though regardless of how crazy it gets

it's legitimate off topic discussion though regardless of how crazy it gets

literally everyone just stuffs on each other in those threads. they're fallacy-city as well.