City RPG (GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)

Poll

Would you rather have me incorporate my ideas and finish Iban's CityRPG 3.0, or continue making a whole new one? (Reset poll, read post)

Yes! Work on CityRPG 3.0!
No pls continue work on your city rpg!

Author Topic: City RPG (GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)  (Read 4375 times)

I recently discovered iBan's CityRPG 3.0, updated poll

Questions:

1.) What makes you dislike/not want to join CityRPGs?

2.) What makes you like/want to join CityRPGs?

3.) What weapon pack would you like to see used?

4.) ^brick packs?

5.) ^vehicles? (Within reason, no tanks or planes)

1. Overcomplication. City RPG was super fun in like 2009. There was no food, no specialized job avatars, no complex guis.

2. Friendly environment with good ping.

3. Weapons that are simple and don’t require all the bullstuff ammo and reloading that every server has now.

4. No particular preference. Elevators and foliage would be nice.

5. No preference.

Note that me taking over iBan's abandoned project doesn't mean that features of my own custom version would be left out; it mainly means a quicker completion date.

If you are worried on how fast to get a gamemode done that is a really bad idea. People who spend more time on gamemodes often have a higher quality server. If you are needing people to test that is different.

I'm personally not concerned about how long it takes, the only reason i put up the poll is because some people get trigggered over the thought of a new CityRPG that uses a bit of code from an unreleased gamemode.

the problem is the --- ping...

That sounds like a problem on your end if you're talking about Iban's CityRPG (2.0), ie I can join Servo's perfectly fine. If you're talking about you hosting it on your end, remember to host on port 28000 and make sure it's opened up.

@OP

try for a more coherently and logically structured thread
it's like spaghetti spilled all over the floor

also it helps to show a little proof of work to demonstrate commitment before you post a bunch of ideas
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:01:50 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

@OP

try for a more coherently and logically structured thread
it's like spaghetti spilled all over the floor

also it helps to show a little proof of work to demonstrate commitment before you post a bunch of ideas

Yeah, a nicer thread is coming, the original post was made on a ps4 right before school so uh

I have someone working on a nice map, as well as a few people working on features. I'll update the thread with nicer titles, pictures, and a job progression flowchart within the next couple days.

Yeah, a nicer thread is coming, the original post was made on a ps4 right before school so uh

I have someone working on a nice map, as well as a few people working on features. I'll update the thread with nicer titles, pictures, and a job progression flowchart within the next couple days.
Cool, looking forward to seeing your progress!
And yeah a good map is half the experience.

After a week ban for necroposting, I've prepared the flowchart on my home pc and begun some minor work on the code of iBan's CityRPG 3.0.

I'll update the thread with my flowchart today or tomorrow, whenever I have time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:18:46 AM by GreyWolf »