Author Topic: Dueling Swords [Update: Slayer uniform support and another shield nerf]  (Read 16124 times)

is it possible to copy the animation but just change the model for one of these or is the model like bound to to the animation? I wanna keep the rig
yeah you can edit just the meshes. all the animations are bound to the empties

but note where the mount0/1/2 empties are. those are what decides the damage areas, so your model should line up to them.

note that the whole weaponset uses node coloring though so you'll have to edit all the instances the weapon name shows up, both in the model and in the script file. unless you're ok with overwriting the original set, in that case you can just edit the uiname of the items.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:19:28 PM by Conan »

after some server testing, these weapons are pretty loving rad.
The rapier is able to use it's parry cancel to get let out attacks faster (seems intentional, if not I'd keep it adds some fun tech)

The longsword is the only weapon I'm on the fence about, it does the same damage as the shortsword but is slower and can't use a shield I suppose it has more range but I haven't noticed it too much.

Also if you equip the sword any chest armor gets removed, tested this with cordax's armor haven't tried it with others but I'd assume it will be the same result

but yeah pack gives me a sword boner great work

after some server testing, these weapons are pretty loving rad.
The rapier is able to use it's parry cancel to get let out attacks faster (seems intentional, if not I'd keep it adds some fun tech)

The longsword is the only weapon I'm on the fence about, it does the same damage as the shortsword but is slower and can't use a shield I suppose it has more range but I haven't noticed it too much.

Also if you equip the sword any chest armor gets removed, tested this with cordax's armor haven't tried it with others but I'd assume it will be the same result

but yeah pack gives me a sword boner great work
yeah longsword's in a weird spot, i gave it a knockback tho so it should have a bonus against shortsword enemies by knocking them back from your effective area. also easier to hit - short swords you can actually straight up duck under if you crouch while the enemy is facing you.

also some neat stuff you can do with longsword by jump crouch swing to avoid enemy swings, just like crouching but a tad less unpredictable. can't do that with shortsword cause it swings sideways and you'd just be hitting above their head.

katana is just there for dash spam tbh, mobility above all. jump dash to reset your movement velocity.

-snip-
ah I hadn't considered that with the longsword

I also feel like blocking attacks should have a bit more of an effect, the damage block is great but a few people complain about not being able to block a full combo, those complaints mainly come from people canceling their blocks during the middle of being attacked.

maybe blocking an attack could knock back an opponent slightly and have a spark effect or slightly increase the attacker's time between attacks to notify people a bit more?

pushed another update

Version 1.2.0
  • Add Scimitar and Aspis Shield
  • Nerfed solo shield to go down after a single melee hit (equivalent to reequipping the item)

you make the schitmar but not an axe, gay!! :((

cool wep tho

idk if it's just me but whenever you equip one of the swords they seem to cancel out music/sound effects

Version 1.3.0
  • Fixed shields working with Dueling Ranged items
  • Nerfed shield downtime and prep time from 0.45 to 0.9 seconds
  • Added Slayer uniform support

what do you mean by slayer uniform support

what do you mean by slayer uniform support
instead of using your base avatar settings when deciding how to color and show your hands, it uses the slayer team settings, if available

Version 1.3.1
  • Removed debug "hard" message when a sword hits bricks and hard cancels

Can we expect to see non-sword melee weapons in the future?

I'd love to see axes and spears that could be used with the shields.

Can we expect to see non-sword melee weapons in the future?

I'd love to see axes and spears that could be used with the shields.
i need a ruler or other beating stick weapon for Ye Olde School Shooting