Author Topic: Dueling Swords [Update: Slayer uniform support and another shield nerf]  (Read 16119 times)

Dueling Swords
Version 1.2.0

A set of 5 swords and 5 shields to duel with. Each comes with the ability to parry (right click), and two swing states. Comes with sounds ripped from Chivalry (provided by Zeustal/Postal), and a server preference to toggle sword hitbox indicators (red lines).

Swords
Short Sword
last one standing in the ring
  • Two horizontal slashes, first one from the right.
  • Medium-fast attack speed
  • 2 hit kill - 60 damage on both swings
  • Can parry with shield: doubles parry time, blocks projectiles
Longsword
(more like a bastard sword)
  • Two vertical head-to-toe slashes, from both the right and left
  • Slow attack speed
  • 2 hit kill - 50 damage on both swings
  • Has knockback
Rapier
en garde!
  • Two jabs; after the second, a long cooldown
  • Medium attack speed
  • 3 hit kill - 35 damage on both swings
  • Can interrupt attacking to parry, slight knockback
Katana
the way of the blade...
  • Vertical slash, followed by horizontal
  • Medium attack speed
  • 3 hit kill - 40 damage on first swing, 30 damage on second
  • Small dash forward on parry - jump-parry for best effect
Scimitar
persian immortals
  • U-slash followed by downward slash
  • Medium attack speed
  • 2 hit kill - 50 damage both swings
  • Can parry with shield: doubles parry time, blocks projectiles

Shields
All shields can be held as items by themselves - they will block all projectiles that hit you in the front while in use. Blocking melee attacks will take down the shield for a brief second. Equipping the shield also has a short downtime before it comes up.

When used to parry, they double the time your parry is active, at the cost of increasing the downtime after parry by half. Parrying with shields also blocks projectiles.

Please report any bugs, since despite the testing i've already done, it likely has a few problems here and there.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:08:55 AM by Conan »

Ooooh neat. The hitbox swords are here!
Also, shield support soon? Sounds good.

so is this like an improved version of Jack Noir's swords which could clash and stuff??

I keep experiencing a bug where whenever I equip any sword my head color becomes white and stays that way until i unequip my weapon
might be the result of an add-on conflict

aside from that, great job
i like that each sword has their own unique style of play
it makes me want to build a dark souls pvp server
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:59:25 AM by Im_AFK »

I keep experiencing a bug where whenever I equip any sword my head color becomes white and stays that way until i unequip my weapon

most likely an add-on conflict, didn't do it on conans server

first deadzone's, then noyer's, now conan's?

the long list of broken melee packs continues...

first deadzone's, then noyer's, now conan's?

the long list of broken melee packs continues...
ur gonna forgetin diss on me m8 without even trying it urself sm-loving-h

fr tho ive been told this is far better than noyers in terms of feel and gameplay, so id rather you actually critique it

aside from that, great job
i like that each sword has their own unique style of play
it makes me want to build a dark souls pvp server

trace(1); take out sword, trace(0);. pls disable glass when you do this so the trace wont be spammed to hell and back with pref updates.

(if you cant do it properly without glass then just leave it in i guess, it'll just be a lot bigger trace file)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:11:04 PM by Conan »

ur gonna forgetin diss on me m8 without even trying it urself sm-loving-h

fr tho ive been told this is far better than noyers in terms of feel and gameplay, so id rather you actually critique it
chill im just  jokin man. i already made the superiorweapon pack ever forgetin yahcty dungeon pak

i cant actually test it out but it looks well balanced and im glad there's only 4 weapons because that's like the perfect amount

chill im just  jokin man. i already made the superiorweapon pack ever forgetin yahcty dungeon pak

i cant actually test it out but it looks well balanced and im glad there's only 4 weapons because that's like the perfect amount
lol figures, no hard feels. i actually never used that pack so i guess it goes both ways lol. thanks for the positive response :)