Does anyone have "IcyGamma: Biography of an Eventer" the book?

Author Topic: Does anyone have "IcyGamma: Biography of an Eventer" the book?  (Read 6780 times)

I was also buds with Icy. Been a long time since I've talked to him :(

I remember on the last few years IcyGamma was making an animated show on his YT Channel, each character had a different shaped head and color and they also used Ascii faces, it was cool actually, it's a shame he deleted it, he also used to be my friend and he was actually pretty chill. (no pun intended)

I have tried last year to find him on Facebook. His name was Joshua from New Zealand. Sadly no results found..

Me too, actually. I'm pretty sure he took down his Youtube but his videos used to be archived somewhere. I wish I could remember where.

Always enjoyed his YouTube, too.
Loved the talk/game show he used to host with other players.
Really unique.

god damnit kniaz everytime i see your name pop up im like wtf i didnt post that and then i realize it's kniaz

:p

god damnit kniaz everytime i see your name pop up im like wtf i didnt post that and then i realize it's kniaz

:p
khaz pls host bluzone again

i don't know why i just realized now what this reference meant

was this thread i made apparently 4 years ago
what

Also an added bonus, here's recorded version by the one the only McJob:

Icygamma: McBiography of an eventer.

forget it i'm listening to this right now.

i forgot to mention i was involved right before he published this. he would always lurk the ievent campus server late at night and we'd talk about stuff. at one point i added blockintosh pcs and his microblock pcs to my office in the campus, and i might of inspired him to make this....thing.....

my review of the "audiobook" version of this "biography":

>what the forget is microblock/blockintosh and why did it matter so much?

knowing mcjobless wasn't around yet, which makes sense and it sounds absurd looking back at it now, but yes these clans were "computer" clans. they literally just showed pixel art on like a grid of 1x1 flats and thats about it. maybe play music too but that was it. blockintosh tried to step it up by bringing a 100% usable ipod in the game called the bpod but it never saw the light of day.

>isar tower

yeah, it was pretty much his ego. when i was young and stupid then i kinda felt left out i wasn't invited right away to the tower, but when mcjobless said the people whom were invited (except tape, loving love you now and back then when you had the skiing clan) i started loving giggling. they were all starfishs. drendran at one point almost crashed the blockworld server and bombarded people with loads of stuff to download when you joined, so we naturally let him go from that year's blockoworld. the mod in question was animated prints.

back to the tower, it ended up being almost like a ievent campus sort of thing but it was more of a YT series/blockland forums thing. it got lame really quick, so imma move off that subject

>anything to do with icy interviewing people from blockland

this actually went down pretty nicely. i've done an episode of blockland on air and late night blockland? (question mark because i forgot what it was called), but when he did invite me to these things they went down beautifully. i wish this sort of thing existed now but with non-blockland subjects too. (MAYBE I SHOULD DO IT!!!!!)

>icygamma vs mackthehunter

they did not mix at all. it was trying to mix oil and water. the comments in the "book" are totally false that mack wanted people dead. he's stuffing words literally in his mouth like shoving isar tower down your throat.

in total, i give this a cringe/10. would not read again unless i wanna feel nostalgic...if i want to call it that....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:09:46 AM by TomTheGeek² »

Boltster/daryll vs icygamma was a classic

Boltster/daryll vs icygamma was a classic

I KNOW LOL. i was like "who tf is bolster" then i realized that whole thing happened. loving lulzy.

I always felt like IcyGamma was a bit of a blockland celeb back in the day. I used to watch his youtube videos when I had just started playing, and when I joined the forums in 2010 I was always impressed by his projects because the threads seemed very thoroughly made and ambitious. In hindsight I of course feel a bit ashamed that I was so easily dazzled, but it was about 8 years ago now so I guess I can cut myself some slack. I also got a room in Isar Tower I think that I never fully furnished, though I can clearly remember I questioned some of his decisions in the building lmao. You guys might cringe when I call him a celebrity, but I think his name was pretty well known in the major playerbase. I don't know of his doings pre-2010 on the forums but I don't think he was that badly thought of, or was he infamous through his whole "blockland career"? Pretty fun to think back on the old days anyways. :)

-snip-

i know, right? looking back 8 years from now it seems silly but that was the community then.

Every time this thing comes back into circulation I always get a small ping of nostalgia.

>anything to do with icy interviewing people from blockland

this actually went down pretty nicely. i've done an episode of blockland on air and late night blockland? (question mark because i forgot what it was called), but when he did invite me to these things they went down beautifully. i wish this sort of thing existed now but with non-blockland subjects too. (MAYBE I SHOULD DO IT!!!!!)

He did an interview with me about Block Wars and BEE. I will admit, for everything it was worth, the blockland talk show thing was actually not a terrible idea, me and hodot kind of did the same thing with the brockrand podcast a few years back. I'd totally be about bringing that idea back somehow- just get a bunch of the prevalent users together and shoot the stuff, not necessarily blockland related but with that being a through line.

I KNOW LOL. i was like "who tf is bolster" then i realized that whole thing happened. loving lulzy.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=153236.0