0 (0%)
Uber Weapons
1 (4.8%)
Tier Tactical
6 (28.6%)
Other (please post)
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Gun Suggestion Thread  (Read 3451 times)

I'm looking for community input regarding weapons for an upcoming TDM. The map will have lots of mid to short range interior fighting. Along with limited, but sill potentially viable long range combat. I want to do like 3-5 classes per team. I'd also like to see unique classes for both teams to add some character. This means that the weapon pack needs redundant guns with differing models. (Multiple assault rifles, smgs, snipers, pistols etc) (probably around 18-20 total guns).

Here are some packs i found that i am consitering

Blockland 40,000
Pros:
More than enough guns to make unique classes
Quality, consistently styled models
Not used in many other servers

Cons:
Alot of the guns in this pack are tailored specifically for a certain server, i dont have use for flame throwers, or high damage explosive guns
Some of the other guns in the pack are over powered / too easy to kill with

I haven't extensively tested this pack so please let me know about it if you have info

H&K
H&K Extended

Pros:
The original combined with the extended pack gives a good choice of many different guns
I love khain and i love his gorgeous models
The pack has adjustable damage levels and a solid ammo system

Cons:
Its hard to get this pack running correctly without bugs
It can be hard to kill enemy close range with the primary assault guns
id like to see projectiles over hitscan but not a huge deal to me

'Another weapon pack' by DrenDran

I don't think i've ever seen this used or have ever used it in any capacity. The amount of guns in the thread peaked my interest. If you know anything about this pack or think it would fit well with that i described please let me know

Uber-WeaponSet
Pros:
Models look really cool
I don't see this pack on servers often
takato14 is cool

Cons:
If i remember correctly a lot of this guns are OP, would need editing
There are not enough models to accommodate the server i am planning, these would need to be combined with other guns or added onto substantially, however i still like the pack.

Tier Tactical
Pros:
The Tier tactical we all know, familiar to players
Effort was made to balence
Reliable ammo system
Good models, enough guns to accommodate the server

Cons:
Its hard to use these guns for close quarters fighting, and you require a melee to get anything done most of the time. This is not the gameplay i want.

Post below if you have comments about any of the packs I posted, have a different pack you think would work better, or have other ideas or questions about the server. I want to please as many people as possible with the weapon selection so this is the opportunity to voice opinions.

people don't use the uber weaponset because it's too pre-v21-gimmicky-weapons-like (if you understand what im trying to say) and not really too well for a standard tdm
warhammer 40k is generally good but not for modern setting
h&k is just fine i guess, feels a bit sloppy these days and reloading is kinda gay but it depends on what you want your tdm to "be like"
i don't even see a download for drendran's pack and the images are dead
tier-tactical is moderately overused and sometimes the projectiles feel like they travel /too slowly/

honestly i like quake-type pack the most (thus i vote other), i've considered trying to learn how to make weapons so i can make a pistol-like sidearm weapon as the pack lacks one

people don't use the uber weaponset because it's too pre-v21-gimmicky-weapons-like (if you understand what im trying to say) and not really too well for a
to add on to this claim, the download is broken.
on that topic, I want the link to it. does anyone have it?

G-Cat's Default styled or whatever it's called now, and Quake-like.

G-Cat's is generic for the most part, but not overkill generic the way some packs are. As far as I can tell the balance is fun. The grenade launcher is also the best I've ever seen.

Quake-like has personality and bite.

another note: some of kidalex's weapons are good for a default-esque DM

Obviously phanto's star wars weapons. That guys great when it comes to guns man I wish I was as cool as him

I originally ruled out the quake pack because of the explosives that come with it, since the majority of the fighting will be interior. But then i remembered the
shields. pretty sure they were designed for them... the quake pack is a tough call cause i don't want everyone to just be blinded by explosions all the time

phantos starwars weapons are pretty versatile plus they look nice https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=305070.0

Obviously phanto's star wars weapons. That guys great when it comes to guns man I wish I was as cool as him
phantos starwars weapons are pretty versatile plus they look nice https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=305070.0
oh those are nice, gunna play around with em

The quake pack is probably the most balanced and well rounded weapon pack in all blockland existence. It took the cons of tier tactical and fixed them into a nice pack. All the guns operate standalone but visually connected in some way and all look really nice.

I don't think anyone can top quake pack ever, not even Bushido if he came back for some reason. Hk deserves honorable mention for some of the nicest and crispest (I hope that's a word) models. The guns feel weak and have no real oomph to them, but they look amazing so who cares.

Only other pack I can think of is SWeps for good balance 😐 but overall that pack feels somewhat generic, for better or worse

My blaster pack was hella rushed and I haven't cared enough to sort out it's issues. Plus, the guns are super situational (you can only use them in futuristic gamemodes) but I enjoyed making it a lot cuz I could really re imagine classic star wars guns in a more blockier and exaggerated manner. As far as balance, the snipers are too weak and the pistols too strong, so have fun sifting through that mess
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:32:54 PM by PhantOS »

I originally ruled out the quake pack because of the explosives that come with it, since the majority of the fighting will be interior. But then i remembered the
shields. pretty sure they were designed for them... the quake pack is a tough call cause i don't want everyone to just be blinded by explosions all the time
i mean it's not just explosives, there's quite a few bullet weapons too
i don't think theres an inequality of weapon types in the pack, it's like 1/3 explosive 1/3 bullet and 1/3 fire

im flattered and i love u 2 tbd.......................... ..........

blockcombat is like t+t but refreshing
quake pack is fun
sweps is ok but has cool sounds and stuff

H&K because its not used and underrated