3 (3.9%)
yes
4 (5.3%)
no stuff you are one
56 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: d  (Read 44170 times)

NEW STATIC MAP SYSTEM!

Thanks to Wrapperup releasing a newer version of system_Staticmaps, I have changed it to be compatible with the maps i've ported!

Its not required but looks cool if you have it, this newer version adds a Maps tab to the menu of the Custom gamemode. So you can load your addons then use the Maps tab to select the map you want to play in!

DOWNLOAD NOW
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:52:22 AM by datiel12 »

how would the new staticmap system work with dedi servers?

how would the new staticmap system work with dedi servers?
Not sure (since I use the steam version), but you can still load maps by toggling them

Not sure (since I use the steam version), but you can still load maps by toggling them
o well ima just check around the scripts tomorrow and see if i can somehow get maps to be toggleable through functions or smth

o well ima just check around the scripts tomorrow and see if i can somehow get maps to be toggleable through functions or smth

Just set this variable in your server/prefs.cs file
$Pref::Server::StaticMap = "Name"; without the Map_ prefix.

datiel changed the script but it should still work

Alternativly you can just change the gamemode on your dedi server and it will set this variable for you.

I noticed something about the Static Maps Menu thing. When you disable it and load the map from add-ons, the map has no lag and a decent framerate, but when you have the System_StaticMaps on, the map will start out fine and the performance will get really bad within 5 minutes of playing on the map. Any clue why? Also if your having the same problem just disable it like i stated.

I noticed something about the Static Maps Menu thing. When you disable it and load the map from add-ons, the map has no lag and a decent framerate, but when you have the System_StaticMaps on, the map will start out fine and the performance will get really bad within 5 minutes of playing on the map. Any clue why? Also if your having the same problem just disable it like i stated.

If this is happening on your hosted server, it might be due to the fact that datiels maps weren't ported to static maps correctly and it doesn't generate the correct group for the shapes, so its probably loading them several times when people join since it doesn't actually create the group static maps uses.

Otherwise try doing a trace(1); and post your log file
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:14:50 AM by Wrapperup »

If this is happening on your hosted server, it might be due to the fact that datiels maps weren't ported to static maps correctly and it doesn't generate the correct group for the shapes, so its probably loading them several times when people join since it doesn't actually create the group static maps uses.

Otherwise try doing a trace(1); and post your log file

I just tested myself, there is a drop in FPS, I did "fix" it? I'll upload a newer version
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:53:16 AM by datiel12 »

The streets reminds me of the old GTA maps from the Renderware era.

Do a mini port of GSFMaps
Like only port a portion of them and leave out the terrain

Do a mini port of GSFMaps
Like only port a portion of them and leave out the terrain
well, firstly for those maps, the areas are seperated into multiple parts. So some areas are mainly for terrain

Datiel knows i'm porting the gsf maps

all I need is somebody to script the TV flickering for bad dream and its done. then I do ghosts house & blocko airlines/blocks on a plane