Author Topic: more futuristic BLB doors - please convert old JVS doors into BLB ones!  (Read 2836 times)

We need a larger variety of SciFi/Space BLB door packs.

Now, most people use BLB doors (and i am starting to as well because i'm fed up with the unacceptable FPS drops), but I am very disappointed with the lack of variety in scifi doors. Most BLB door packs i've seen seem to cater to medeival and modern-era builds, being designed to look like they're made of wood/iron and swing-open rather than slide-open. It's very rare to find BLB doors that don't do one of those two things.

However, the old JVS door packs far more frequently catered to space/scifi builders, with a much wider variety of futuristic doors to choose from for use (and usually without the god-awful brick frames most BLB doors use)

I know that the sliding lab door on the far right in the image has already been remade into a BLB door, but it's got a crappy frame slapped on it that makes it very unpleasant to walk through, as it "bumps" the player up when walking over it + eliminates the player's ability to customize their own flooring for the door (some players may want to have grill plates on the floor, or use tiling, you know!)

I would really like to see someone remake these futuristic JVS doors into BLB doors, and without adding frames please! Also, if they could be made to be a bit taller (6x height is good, and maybe some versions that are larger as well perhaps?), that would also be greatly appreciated.

I also really wish someone would make BLB versions of the fan bricks as well. They could have 3 or 4 different "states" that could be cycled through and done via events, that way I don't have to be limited to using ~60 fan bricks for my builds (as it takes approx. 60 JVS fans to reduce my FPS to 60).

If anyone would be willing to "brickify" and rescale these doors and fans into BLB, I would really appreciate it. We need more futuristic BLB doors, and without frames!

I would love for someone to do this. I really miss these doors.

I could take a swing at it, this wouldn't be that difficult to do. As in making some of the doors bigger, how much bigger are you thinking exactly? I don't really build much sci-fi in this game so I don't really have an idea of scale.

I could take a swing at it, this wouldn't be that difficult to do. As in making some of the doors bigger, how much bigger are you thinking exactly? I don't really build much sci-fi in this game so I don't really have an idea of scale.
This might be wishful thinking on my part, but some of the doors would look great as hangar doors large enough for a Jeep/tank/stunt plane to fit through. Thanks for considering this project, I know many builders would be super appreciative of this.

I compiled an Imgur album of the desired rescaled sizes for each brick.
https://imgur.com/a/NNfWQ

Also, as shown similar in the album, for Phydeoux's elevator brick, would you be able to have the CCW opening for the elevator brick be simply the first part opened, but not the bigger outer part? this way players can reconfigure the door with events to open in synced stages with the door's original opening sound, while the normal default CW opening state would simply open the door all the way. thanks!

I compiled an Imgur album of the desired rescaled sizes for each brick.
https://imgur.com/a/NNfWQ

Thanks! This is really helpful.

Also, as shown similar in the album, for Phydeoux's elevator brick, would you be able to have the CCW opening for the elevator brick be simply the first part opened, but not the bigger outer part? this way players can reconfigure the door with events to open in synced stages with the door's original opening sound, while the normal default CW opening state would simply open the door all the way. thanks!

That's a great idea, I could definitely do that. If you have any more ideas feel free to post.

This might be wishful thinking on my part, but some of the doors would look great as hangar doors large enough for a Jeep/tank/stunt plane to fit through. Thanks for considering this project, I know many builders would be super appreciative of this.

That's also a good idea, was the JVS hangar door a good size? Or should I go bigger then that?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:23:24 PM by RallyBlock »

I'll try my hand at this project unless Rally is still planning on doing this

Go ahead, you might finish before I do I keep getting wound up in real life things then when I get on the pc I don't feel like making anything.

Go ahead, you might finish before I do I keep getting wound up in real life things then when I get on the pc I don't feel like making anything.

I know the feeling xD

Thanks m8 and just so u kno if you get finished before I do I don't mind scrapping what I got lol

i started making a couple of these some months ago except with frames. Don't have time/motivation to finish or change them, but if anyone wants them here's the .blend models for the airlock door and blast door:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ouawueliz0aew2n/AirlockDoorClosed.blend
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dk61g5v3m225dp2/BlastDoorClosed.blend

Bump

any progress so far @RallyBlock? @Skidz?