Author Topic: 12 year olds should be kept off the forums.  (Read 18514 times)

I remember when I was younger on the bl forum lol, I was so annoying.

i have seen my fair share of 12 year olds in my lifetime, and i have to say that not all 12 year olds are like this pomp

saying that 12 year olds should be kept off the forums is... not exactly respecting the fact that everyone's bound to be different in some way or another, be it a small speck of a personality trait that is different (think of other people that could be mature as you are, but at 12)

not that i am defending them, but you surely seem to be pissed enough to care about this... i understand

i am pissed as you are, although i am not dealing with the same age group as you are
i should make it clear to you that i have seen 13-16 year olds in my experience, acting below their age and being a general nuisance/stuffhead/attention whore/wannabe/etc as far as i can observe that has happened in my school (it is not only the 12 year olds, some that are older are also prone to acting as if they were below their actual age)

removing all of the 12 year olds from this forum is not going to change anything, because even if we had them barred from registration or even entering the forums, there would be still the minority or majority of 13-16 year olds that are capable of acting below their age

what seriously riled you up the point that you created this drama topic anyway? other than what you said in the original post? was it due to experience?

what seriously riled you up the point that you created this drama topic anyway? other than what you said in the original post? was it due to experience?

just dealing with certain people on the forums lately, not mentioning but should be obvious who

I know people's mental maturity varies, and it's not a very good system to just keep out everyone below a certain age, but I can't really think of another way to do this, and the problem users who've been annoying me lately have all admitted to being 12 or younger, so I just kinda grouped them together. sorry if I offended any 12 year olds who have done nothing wrong.

it's sort of like killing cancer with radiotherapy. it gets rid of the cancer, but the things that go with it... it's 4 am where I live, I'm gonna go sleep.

agree.
except for datiel12 hes cool

also good thing i took that 3 year break

the problem users who've been annoying me lately have all admitted to being 12 or younger, so I just kinda grouped them together.

then why not just drama them instead of creating the idea that everyone below a certain age should be just banned

then why not just drama them instead of creating the idea that everyone below a certain age should be just banned
because dramas don't work duh

because dramas don't work duh
then why make a broad one instead of a focused one

rules are easier to put into place than single-person bans
it's easier to say "let's just ban this entire group of people" rather than "this guy deserves to be banned and this guy doesn't"

i think on the surface blockland is a game that mostly appeals to kids... sure, it's not just a kids game and has many deeper features, but i think we should welcome these young folks into the community, and go easy on em... think about when you were like 10-12!

You're like loving Cubone. You make an apology, change for 2 weeks, then become a richardhole just the same again. I'll time you on this one, starting at march the 13th.
wow that reminds me of someone else too hmmm

it's easier to say "let's just ban this entire group of people" rather than "this guy deserves to be banned and this guy doesn't"
because everybody knows the easy answer is always the right answer. youre actually forgetin handicapped dude

ban all foot special interestists from the forum

forget 12 year olds I say.

i think we all know full well that if badspot was going to place a blanket ban on any demographic, it would be everyone forever