Author Topic: Stephen Hawking dead at 76  (Read 15109 times)

I don't mean this with malice but holy stuff some people in this forgetin thread have put so many layers of ironic humor in front of their persona that they probably haven't openly expressed a genuine human emotion since the first time that they realized that they can say anything they'd like on the internet and have almost zero consequences.

Seriously, how many more people do you have to cut down on this website before you realize you have a goddamn problem.
Sorry to my friends that might not like me saying this but I can't stand to watch you all behave this way.

I'm not mad, I'm not trying to be condescending and put my morality above yours on something as silly as a thread about some smart dude's death, I'm just really loving conflicted about considering some of you my friends when I can't fully say that I stand for the way you behave..

But whatevs I guess, do what you guys want.

I've said it before: the ethos of our generation is defensive irony

have you all forgotten already?

Thanks for your hard work, science man

half of people suffering from motor neurone disease only live 3 to 4 years from diagnosis, some up to 10 or more. Hawking lived until 76

I've said it before: the ethos of our generation is defensive irony

This is some high level fart sniffing. How much rick and morty do I need to watch to get to this level?

This is some high level fart sniffing. How much rick and morty do I need to watch to get to this level?
See, this is what I'm talking about. You could just say, "your post is pretentious and you're handicapped," but you've still wrapped it up in this ironic half-dumb persona to avoid having to take a sincere position. Anyone who does this stuff is just afraid of vulnerability lol

But honestly where is the fun in being straightforward

See, this is what I'm talking about. You could just say, "your post is pretentious and you're handicapped," but you've still wrapped it up in this ironic half-dumb persona to avoid having to take a sincere position. Anyone who does this stuff is just afraid of vulnerability lol

Don't lie seventh how much rick and morty do you watch?

We're here on a forum where people who are the same type you'd find yelling "I forget YOUR MOM" on a cod game are telling us to be kind and sincere and all that stuff but will rip us to shreds when we do it. Isn't the point of beachbum coating his message in his own personality to protect him from getting ripped to shreds by people who think straightforward talking is a front of attack like you?

type you'd find yelling "I forget YOUR MOM" on a cod game Halo 3 match**
Honestly very fun. Dont knock it.

Isn't the point of beachbum coating his message in his own personality to protect him from getting ripped to shreds by people who think straightforward talking is a front of attack like you?
I'm pretty sure he does it because he can use 'trolling' as an escape-route/escape if directly confronted about the stuff he's written here. If you coat your message in a persona that can be loosely interpreted as trolling or joking, then it's easier to avoid responsibility for what you actually say.

We're here on a forum where people who are the same type you'd find yelling "I forget YOUR MOM" on a cod game are telling us to be kind and sincere and all that stuff
I'm not seeing it. There's a ton of dark humor memes in this thread and nobody is claiming they're 'offensive' or 'unkind'.

I bet the chair turned on him