Author Topic: Got the galaxy s9  (Read 2527 times)

Hey peoples I got the new phone

My old phone was S7 edge so I wanted to finally upgrade, I'm not the guy to buy every new phone that comes out, just every 2 years as long as I make a good decision

The phone is breddy good so far, I got it for $500 and I didn't want to buy overpriced trash

No way, you bought an entire galaxy? Wow, how much did it cost? What planets and solar systems came with it?

s8*
No look it up, I actually bought the S9 lol

No way, you bought an entire galaxy? Wow, how much did it cost? What planets and solar systems came with it?
smh

Samsung phones are almost as bad as iPhones.

Samsung phones are almost as bad as iPhones.

wat

this was true back in like 2012-2013 and it was only because of their stuffty flavors of android that ran at the speed of a rotting dead slug.

and the exploding battery debacle from the note 7 if you're still really brown town about that.

i still have a galaxy tab 3 and that stuff is impossible to root

ROOTING IN 2018 LuL

ROOTING IN 2018 LuL
rooters be like i need to warranty void my phone so i can install cyberpunk themes

enter the gamesphere

wat

this was true back in like 2012-2013
Well I haven't used a Samsung device since then.
Do they still try to prevent you from replacing the rom?
I consider that stuffty behavior from a phone manufacturer.

As with most computers I own, I like to wipe the OS and install whatever suits my actual needs.
In most cases, the rom I choose is as close to stock Android + Gapps as possible.

rooters be like i need to warranty void my phone so i can install cyberpunk themes
brothers be like I Wanna Keep An Android 4.4 Slow Ass Tablet Which Aint Supported

Well I haven't used a Samsung device since then.
Do they still try to prevent you from replacing the rom?
I consider that stuffty behavior from a phone manufacturer.

As with most computers I own, I like to wipe the OS and install whatever suits my actual needs.
In most cases, the rom I choose is as close to stock Android + Gapps as possible.
i remember samsung being the least brown town about rooting out of every manufacturer out there, to the point of even having a dedicated download mode on basically every model that lets you freely install any custom recovery (and by extension, freely root) you could possibly want via odin.
just make sure to boot into recovery instead of android immediately otherwise the stock firmware will overwrite your recovery and you're back to doing this stuff again.

i still have a galaxy tab 3 and that stuff is impossible to root
download desired recovery
power + volume down
plug into computer
run odin 3 and flash desired recovery
boot into recovery with power + volume up before you boot into android, otherwise the stock firmware will automatically overwrite the custom recovery.
flash root and say yes to prohibiting overwrites to recovery.
gg
doesnt change much between samsung devices except the newer ones you enable OEM unlock in developer options.
if you dont know what a recovery is then you probably shouldn't be blindly rooting.

I do know how to do a recovery. It comes up with errors after I flash the .zip and nothing else; I created all of my recoveries in TWRP.
I also should have meant flashing the rom. oops.

I do know how to do a recovery. It comes up with errors after I flash the .zip and nothing else; I created all of my recoveries in TWRP.
I also should have meant flashing the rom. oops.
what error?