dead malls

Author Topic: dead malls  (Read 4387 times)

Yeah, i've been to some dead malls before. There was one in Tampa a while back that I went to, many many years ago. I don't know if it's still there anymore. Can't remember what it was called but it wasn't Tampa Center.

this brother found dead hotel

An abandoned anything is usually very interesting. Airports are pretty cool, especially if it was one of the newer and bigger ones.

tfw your checking BLF for anything interesting and come across this

dead malls are the opposite of what he likes
nah i think they are the most interesting

ot: ive been to a few dead malls. one including the former dutchess mall (which im planning to do a YT vid on).
so it opened in 1974, a 10 minute drive from where i live in Fishkill, NY
opened with stores that you never heard of called j.w. mays and some local department store lucky platt. they eventually became jamesway and service merchandise.
it was the first mall in dutchess county, untill the opening of the south hills mall(demolished) up route 9 in 1976 and poughkeepsie galleria right next to the south hills mall in 1987.
dutchess mall couldent stand up to the 2 other malls, and eventually began losing stores. jamesway closed in 1995 as a part of the chain liquidation, and service merchandise moved to south hills in 1996. the mall itself was demolished around 2004 for a home depot. the strange thing was that they had kept the old jamesway and service merch, and a small dead strip plaza with an abandoned shoprite grocery store. the jamesway has since been reused as a flea market, and service merch and shoprite sit abandoned.
also believe it or not, there was a documentary done here called Fish Kill Flea (hence the name of the town, Fishkill, NY). there is a little dead outlet mall up the road from it called hudson valley towne center but theres no info on it. it has a movie theater and 3 outlet stores.
http://deadmalls.com/malls/dutchess_mall.html

i can list a whole bunch more dead malls ive visited/come across/researched but then this would be a pagestretch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:13:27 PM by SwiftHyena2593 »

Wow, The Last of Us 2 is looking pretty great.

for real Watching videos about this is enough to satisfy me

there's like a stuffton if abandoned movie sets which is interesting

my mall is practically abandoned. there's like only a few stores in it. im surprised it's still even got business

I can't be the only person who immediately thought of this

these look like movie sets

Everybody, gather 'round. Let's pray. Dear Lord. See us safely through our time of trial in this mall. And please Lord... let the food court be okay.

Amen.

Wow, The Last of Us 2 is looking pretty great.

for real Watching videos about this is enough to satisfy me

the last of us is essentially a 60 dollar video file

an interest in what way...? bc if you mean a place to hang out in abandoned hospitals or insurance firms are a much better bet structurally and are generally more interesting
they're also way more haunted

One of the coolest things I’ve seen is an Airsoft OP being hosted at an abandoned mall. They were able to access basically every inch of it. Since there wasn’t any power, there were lots of back-room corridors that were completely unlit.