Spectator Items (Dab Update)

Author Topic: Spectator Items (Dab Update)  (Read 9778 times)

Bots can't use these, making them 100% loving pointless. Plz fix.

These are definately useful for taunts.

Bots can't use these,
probably because the items themselves are bots, conans swords have the same issue
making them 100% loving pointless.
what lol

they can use these? at least clapping and boo 100% for sure, i tested them

you need the setTrigger event i released to make them work on bots since there's no other way to set image triggers on bots

If you use these with an autofire script, it lags the whole server for everyone.

they can use these? at least clapping and boo 100% for sure, i tested them

you need the setTrigger event i released to make them work on bots since there's no other way to set image triggers on bots

Deo,
Bots can use them, but you need the trigger event that Conan provided on the previous page(s) which basically makes bots use items as if they were holding said trigger instead of just a basic *click* fire like the original botFireWeapon event. You can use relays or VCE function to make them rapid fire the item, but it will not work since clicking and letting go will cancel the spectator animation.

Conan,
Thanks for upper-casing the C in clap, since the B in boo was uppercase previously. Call it a peeve of mine? Also thanks for fixing the blob chunk error, it had nothing at all to do with my cache.db although I can understand your reasoning for thinking it was the issue. Anyways, let us continue with a couple fixes:

Line 111 of the server.cs, you did not take my advice! D:
Let me write in the fix with a comment so it makes more sense
Quote from: server.cs

function applySpectatorItemProperties(%obj, %bypassApply) //%obj is the client here
{
   %pl = %obj.player; //it makes sense to shorten %obj.player if we are looking for it later
   %obj.hideNode("ALL");

if (!isObject(%pl))
   {
          return;
   }

if (!%bypassApply)
   {
             %pl.client.applyBodyParts();
   }

The red text is important. We are calling %client.player.client here. It's true you can get the client from the player, but the engine sees this as unusual reiteration for some odd reason and will flag an error

DON'T FORGET
Line 77 and 78 of the clap.cs should have a pre argument to make sure %obj.client exists when updating the player avatar. This same rule should apply to the unMounting functions of the Boo and Dab (and all future) spectator items.
Code: [Select]
if(isObject(%obj.client))
{
%obj.client.applyBodyParts();
%obj.client.applyBodyColors();
}

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:23:06 AM by Goth77 »

ive been able to do %pl.client.whatever() for years now, dunno what you’re on about. it only errors if the object doesnt exist, aka in the case of bots. i just forgot to check if it was a bot/had a client prior to/along with checking bypass.

as for the other two errors i didnt fix anything lol. i still have no clue wtf is going on on your end. as for the upper case c in clap, i also didnt touch the code. sometimes ive found bl inexplicably makes it lowercase and i have no clue how to fix it
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:32:45 AM by Conan »