Parents Won't Let Me Buy a Skateboard because it's "too unsafe"

Author Topic: Parents Won't Let Me Buy a Skateboard because it's "too unsafe"  (Read 3396 times)

why do you want to skateboard?
I don't get outside too much, and I have a couple friends who skateboard and I kinda wanna try it.

I don't get outside too much, and I have a couple friends who skateboard and I kinda wanna try it.
right. might be worth having your friends talk to your parents if thats something you think could be arranged. if not, i mean, you've got two friends who already own skateboards. they're probably let you borrow theirs sometimes.

what it really means is that you're not radical enough. you're gonna have to prove yourself to your parents in some way by showing how cool you are

what it really means is that you're not radical enough. you're gonna have to prove yourself to your parents in some way by showing how cool you are
Great idea

i tried skateboarding when i was your age. botched an ollie, broke every bone in my body and snapped my head clean off. never again.

Skateboarding is pretty dangerous. There's a reason why a lot of people who do it break their arms and legs very often.

I'd say just practice with your friend's boards before you go out and buy your own.

man i remember i used to be pretty decent at riding skateboards. tried it recently after several years and immediately slipped and face planted. ow

I swear I've had an essay prompt just like this.

Im pretty sure you cant forget yourself up a lot easier and a lot worse on a bike, do you ride a bicycle? Try using that as leverage.

most adults drive

bro just get a bike

sounds like my parents. i bought my OG penny board from a friend and i never looked back. i'm actually pretty thankful i haven't broke my hands or arms yet, or hit my head (knock on wood).

there's something more thrilling than biking when you're skating, since i was a hardcore biker for years until i got a board. i've had my fair share of accidents with my bikes too (hit my head going over the bars) but with skating all you really need is full protection at first. i was dumb and didn't do that, but thankfully i only forgeted up my hands. other than that, i don't think i would ever bike again. living by chicago is sweet because i can hop on a train and just skate the whole city. nothing beats skating around the city looking around places, and doing generally dumb stuff (oncoming traffic by soldier field was a really dumb thing to do but meh)

just my general opinion, it's a hell of a lot more fun when you know you got a board on you just chilling in your car's trunk or in your backpack (if you got a penny like me). just skating whenever is awesome. i'd totally recommend a penny but it's a whole learning curve on it's own. if you really want a penny style deck, go get a nickel. if you want a board THAT bad. start with a 7.5 deck from zumiez (if that's the closest skate shop that your parents will take you) or order all the parts online. since you're a beginner, just go to zumiez. they'll build it at a higher price but at least* they'll build it for you. if your friends are deep into the hobby, let them build it for you. the reason i put the * by least is because zumiez tends to not build their boards totally right.

on my injuries: i swear i haven't broke a single bone yet. the worst was a few nights ago because drunken me thought it would be a great night to cruise my neighborhood. i got about 15-20 feet down and totally fell and rolled onto my left hand while holding my vape.

this stuff burned for weeks and i'm never drukenly skating again. i've drank a few beers on my board before cruising and that's totally fine for me. piss drunk already? don't even attempt.