Save detector

Author Topic: Save detector  (Read 1717 times)

I'm wondering if theres an addon (or if its possible to make such an addon) that detects when players are saving on your server.

If you want to disable saving/ban people that save, Badspot will revoke your key
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=31921.0

Yes it is possible, and actually surprisingly easy. However as Army said, it's not recommended if you value your key.

But is there actually anything wrong with something that just echos "Client x saved bricks" to console lol? That's not breaking the game or removing functionality, it's just a contingency that allows the server host to know who has what.

I suppose a return chat message wouldn't hurt anything, if that's all OP was asking for.

I would tread carefully. Trying to find technicalities around something Badspot clearly doesn't want could land you in hot water.

the only way to do it is to package functions that badspot intentionally made unpackageable, so unless you want to byte patch the exe (don't do this) you're out of luck

You can't prevent people from saving but you can always use custom bricks that only you have lol

People do this all the time, it's rather really annoying.

You can't prevent people from saving but you can always use custom bricks that only you have lol

People do this all the time, it's rather really annoying.
And also bannable.

And also bannable.

How?

They are custom bricks, everyone uses custom bricks.

How?

They are custom bricks, everyone uses custom bricks.
Badspot has said in the past that if you purposely make custom bricks to prevent saving you will get revoked.

Badspot has said in the past that if you purposely make custom bricks to prevent saving you will get revoked.

I didn't know that, lol.

Luckily I don't use custom bricks.

Where was this comment though?

I didn't know that, lol.

Luckily I don't use custom bricks.

Where was this comment though?
Don’t have the quote on me. It’s there though.

Regardless, common sense can be used. Modifying game functions to prevent saving is bad but modifying default bricks to achieve the same goal is A-O-K?

Don’t have the quote on me. It’s there though.

Regardless, common sense can be used. Modifying game functions to prevent saving is bad but modifying default bricks to achieve the same goal is A-O-K?

I don't think so but if someone made "custom bricks" which were just renamed default bricks. All you have to do is open the BLB file and change the names back to default names.

But that is super annoying and doesn't mean it is an  OKAY thing to do anyways so I agree.

yeah OK then
go pm badspot all the people who *have made* custom bricks specifically for their server's build then
get em all revoked kiddo