M.U.G.E.N Megathread!

Author Topic: M.U.G.E.N Megathread!  (Read 7338 times)

What is M.U.G.E.N?

• M.U.G.E.N (also written as Mugen, MUGEN and M.U.G.E.N.) is a freeware 2D fighting game engine designed by Elecbyte. Content is created by the community, and thousands of fighters, both original and from popular fiction, have been created. It is written in C and originally used the Allegro library. The latest versions of the engine now use the SDL library.

So, basically, this thread is made to help everyone share their M.U.G.E.N works and creations. You can talk about anything related to M.U.G.E.N, share your projects, send screenpacks, ect. For those who still don't get what it is, it's essentially an open-source fighting engine where you have the ability to make your own screenpacks (changes to the huds and layouts), characters, stages, and a lot more if you get creative with it.

Gallery

Sites

Elecbyte's Site (wayback machine)
M.U.G.E.N Archive
M.U.G.E.N Free For All
GameBanana
SaltyBet

Discord

Oliver as Latias' M.U.G.E.N Discord
M.U.G.E.N Archive Discord
FourthRhyme's Discord
Famicom Fighters Discord
My Discord

MUGENERS

Sebi
Menderman

If I left you out, feel free to DM me or leave a post!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:47:55 PM by thatguysebi »

hoping this will work out it's my first megathread

two projects i've been really focused on recently have been cuphead and this mario

this is a sort of old screenshot. the sprites have been better updated, but right now the supers are in the works and after that all he needs is ai and a few bugfixes, now for the mario the main problem is finishing the sprites but i'm sort of getting there (EDIT: good god i just realized how much damage the milk blast does)

(this is also an old version of the gif but it's only a slight re-position) this is really the only animation that's done (aside from a broken idle and a few other sprites) and so far it's a spriteswap but it's nice to show the little landmarks you hit

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:26:55 AM by thatguysebi »

the best mugen mod is SUPER BOTTE E BAMBA DUE TURBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:29:23 PM by Punished Kidalex90 »

the best mugen mod is SUPER BOTTE E BAMBA DUE TURBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO
no it's obviously DoraeZach's Mugen Build

You can download MUGEN 1.1 Beta 1 here on archive.org (VirusTotal info).  Installation is as simple as extracting the ZIP file into an easily-accessible folder.
(MUGEN is a freeware game engine, and safe for sharing on public forums.)

MUGEN wasn't officially released until about 2002.  Winmugen was leaked back in 1999.

Can't have a MUGEN thread without Salty Bet: https://www.twitch.tv/saltybet

so i added the stupid cum blast (there's more to the gif it's just split into two animations) and i think i forgeted it up but i really don't care

also thought i'd post this because FUNNY PERSON BELOW!!!!!!!!

i have all the frames for the mugman supers (only the phantom and the cum blast) but i'm too worn out to put them in right now, there's like 800 sprites in total and i've ported a lot of them recently so i need a bit of a break

sebi why r u obbessed with cuphed its bad

sebi why r u obbessed with cuphed its bad
cause cuphead s hot dude