Ive been diagnosed with clinical depression

Author Topic: Ive been diagnosed with clinical depression  (Read 6359 times)

what does this even mean
He is right about him being wrong, but he is wrong about him being right
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:44:39 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

what the forget is wrong with you?

i'm morally outraged!

He is right about him being wrong, but he is wrong about him being right

what the forget is wrong with you?
its one of those relatable self-projection memes, chill

All you have to do is take a pill that negates the depressive chemical reaction in the brain.

problem solved.
Problem is that most chemicals in the brain can't be measured. Lots of neurotransmitters like dopamine can't penetrate the blood brain barrier, so they don't show up in your blood.

You can get around this by using PET tracers, which are special chemicals that bind selectively to things and release radiation that we can detect. But you can only trace known chemicals with this - it doesn't tell you what other stuff might be in there.

The original hypothesis behind stuff like SSRIs worked like this: because serotonin is widely thought to be associated with happiness, then perhaps blocking the reuptake (recycling) of serotonin will treat depression. These drugs do work, but there's a growing body of evidence that they probably work for reasons different than what we think.

Tl;dr neuroscience is hopelessly complicated and we know very little about the biology of depression.

I'd feel more sympathetic if you didnt unironically post handicapped edgy stuff all the time.

Clearly (hopefully) your post habits could be a byproduct of your mental state so i do genuinely hope you figure stuff out and get through it.

While there's no guarantee that medication will work, you should at least continue taking it, or find some form of medication that works for you in some way.  No pill is going to simply give you happiness, real or "fake," but hopefully it'll alter how your brain reacts to things.

There's no such thing as "pseudo-happiness."  The entire idea implies that everyone who isn't completely emotionally fulfilled are lying to themselves about having positive feelings, which is a ridiculous concept.  You don't have to fear a change in yourself coming from an outside source, even pharmaceutical, because it's just another way to guide what's inside.  The only difference is the shape it comes in and how it enters your head.

Happiness is complete fulfillment.  There's nothing wrong with pursuing it, but the journey of life is full of hardships and setbacks as much as happy moments.  Everyone lives through some form of conflict; nobody is truly fulfilled in life.  Really, what most colours our lives are the small and fleeting pleasures, both day-to-day comforts and one-time experiences, and the pains of life only make them sweeter.

Even if you can't find enjoyment in those things now, maybe with a combination of pharmaceutical and psychological help, things may begin to change for the better down the line, as your mind evolves both physically (through chemical alterations) and psychologically (through changes in your philosophy).  I hope this gives you at least a small feeling of hope, and I encourage you to keep going as much as you possibly can, and don't be afraid of help.

Wish you all the best, man :)

if yall brothers got depression commence total xanarchy

Congrats on being just like everyone else is at least one aspect espio!

why is everyone depressed nowadays its like a global epidemic

dude, i totally understand. if you want to talk just pm me

why is everyone depressed nowadays its like a global epidemic
the wonders of improved awareness