HatMod UI (Menu) CONCEPT

Author Topic: HatMod UI (Menu) CONCEPT  (Read 4822 times)

Not sure if someone came up with this already or not, but here it is:
HATMOD MENU! A extra easy and super user friendly interface to help you preview and equip your favorite hat.

VERY ROUGH CONCEPT ART:

Enter the command /Hatmod aaaaaaaand...

you get this!

This is a very rough concept art of what the window could look like.
-Theres tabs which show what hat packs you have installed, all the hats are categorized and belong in their respective tab.
-A search bar to search for a specific hat by name which is displayed below the hats icon.
-Favorite system, so you can have all your fav hats in one place
-Either a page bar or a slide bar to navigate trough the window.

Theres only THREE problems:
-I have no skill at all what so ever with programing
-All the hat packs would require icons which for the newer packs, that have yet to come out, is not much of a problem, but it is for the older ones (since they dont have the icons obviously).
-I misspelled EITHER in the mid left text box.

If any talented and handsome person has some free time to spare, me and everyone else from the Blockland community (thats like 15 to 18 people (which is not a small amount at all)) would be VERY VERY thankful.   :3

the current /hatmod command is pretty user friendly already. Making a UI would work but the issue is that every hatmod creator would then have to design a custom UI image for it which is already a huge pain in the ass

the current /hatmod command is pretty user friendly already. Making a UI would work but the issue is that every hatmod creator would then have to design a custom UI image for it which is already a huge pain in the ass
Most of the UI images already exist, and for the few that dont' it wouldn't be hard to make them.

Cool concept, but I think something like the Bricks GUI changed up for Hatmod would work better for this.

How that would work:
  • Hats that are part of a pack would be located in that hat pack's tab respectively, like how different brick types are in their own tabs
  • You can equip a hat by double-checking its icon, like how you can add a brick to your inventory by double-clicking its icon
  • Like OP's concept image, there should also be a favorite button on a hat's icon. Clicking the icon would add that hat to the user's favorites list. (you could also maybe have right-clicking a hat icon toggle favorite status) There would also be a favorites tab containing subcategories of hat packs that contain any hats that the user favorited
  • Searching would be simple as entering a name and hitting search. There would also be a drop-down menu that allows you to filter your search for hats in one hat pack, useful for when you have two hats from different packs with the same name

I'll come up with some concept GUIs for this later.

Most of the UI images already exist, and for the few that dont' it wouldn't be hard to make them.
it still means that mod developers would have to design their hats for both hatmod and the hatmod ui provided its a separate add-on. its an extra hoop to jump through. of course if they were combined then it wouldn't be much of an issue

crown alreay did this for his prison escape. doesnt rquire any extra work from the hat makers part.

can ask him maybe

just show 3d previews of all of the hats like zapk's rizing lava did (when he updated it then never released it)

what about superhat
Never heard about that one, will check it out later.

it still means that mod developers would have to design their hats for both hatmod and the hatmod ui provided its a separate add-on. its an extra hoop to jump through. of course if they were combined then it wouldn't be much of an issue
The hatmod UI could just search for icons inside the Hat pack, no need to create two separate files. Or heck, maybe even generate an icon from the hats model (if thats even possible).

Thank

just show 3d previews of all of the hats like zapk's rizing lava did (when he updated it then never released it)
Or this ^
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:12:45 PM by Daventus »

oh yea i forgot this was possible

I whipped up some concepts.

(assets are used from Mr.Nobody's Hat Pack 3)

• Hats that are part of a pack would be located in that hat pack's tab respectively, like how different brick types are in their own tabs
  • You can equip a hat by double-checking its icon, like how you can add a brick to your inventory by double-clicking its icon
  • Like OP's concept image, there should also be a favorite button on a hat's icon. Clicking the icon would add that hat to the user's favorites list. (you could also maybe have right-clicking a hat icon toggle favorite status)
Pretend Set Favs> is the button for search. I forgot to change that.

• There would also be a favorites tab containing subcategories of hat packs that contain any hats that the user favorited

• Searching would be simple as entering a name and hitting search. There would also be a drop-down menu that allows you to filter your search for hats in one hat pack, useful for when you have two hats from different packs with the same name

When the user searches for a hat while filtering for one hat pack, it should open that hat pack's tab and highlight the hat with the matching name. Ignore the cursor, it's for an example. Also I don't honestly know about multiple hats in one pack, but you could maybe highlight multiple in the search or just have a search results tab?

That's all I can come up with. Feedback would be appreciated.

This could also work for icons.

those are pretty small icons

I had a different idea of how the search function would work.
Basically its a text box where you put in the text directly and it would filter out the hats that dont begin with the letters you typed in (im really bad at explaining stuff in English). For example:
You have: BoomBoy, FoxFace, Boxer and Horns.
When you type "BO" it instantly filters out the hats, showing only Boxer and BoomBoy.
I hope you understood what I meant.

Everything else is pretty awesome Ahead!
(Hats for reference used by Mr.Nobody. Hat pack 3)

If you look at menu.cs of my jailbreak client you can see how I did this.

single hats should all be put into one misc tab or something