Author Topic: working physics thing  (Read 1254 times)

i doubt anyone's gonna do this (i dont even think its possible to do this) but it'd be cool if there was a way to make bricks act properly when destroyed

like, if you destroy a brick at the bottom, all the bricks above it (that aren't held by any other bricks of course) are also destroyed

this would be really neat

the problem with this is that basically all the useful functions that determine if bricks are floating or supporting other bricks are engine functions, so they can't be de-compiled in torque-script and modified to include fakeKilled bricks. I don't think anyone has actually found a way to get all the bricks supported by a brick yet.

I don't think anyone has actually found a way to get all the bricks supported by a brick yet.
I have never experimented with the support system like this.  But there are functions like getNumUpBricks() getNumDownBricks() getUpBrick(%index) getDownBrick(%index).  There were two more i kinda forget, it was like, getPathtoGround() and getRealpathtoground().

So- it might be possible?

I have never experimented with the support system like this.  But there are functions like getNumUpBricks() getNumDownBricks() getUpBrick(%index) getDownBrick(%index).  There were two more i kinda forget, it was like, getPathtoGround() and getRealpathtoground().

this is infact possible and has been done but instead with fakekilling

I have never experimented with the support system like this.  But there are functions like getNumUpBricks() getNumDownBricks() getUpBrick(%index) getDownBrick(%index).  There were two more i kinda forget, it was like, getPathtoGround() and getRealpathtoground().

I'm assuming getRealPathToGround() takes fake-killed bricks into account? That would be useful, but in the case of fake-killing all bricks that are supported by fake-killed bricks, you'd probably still need a way to find those bricks right?

Personally I haven't found a way to do this without iterating through every brick that the brick is connected to (with getUp/DownBrick)

Reverse Destruct O wand.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:26:11 PM by soldier101@ »