Computer starts but won't load

Author Topic: Computer starts but won't load  (Read 4120 times)

so you pull it out and plug it back in?

yeah pull it out but wait 5 seconds and then plug it back in

i didn't say it's the only solution but it was sort of my back up plan when i had to get it running after it just blacks out and dies on me and does that loop when it starts but doesn't but starts

again, it was an old solution that i did like years and years ago,

on a newer mobo, the cmos is usually glued to the side of the Ethernet port lol.
pulling the tiny cable for it is all thats needed, but its all so small i find it easier to peel off the entire battery to reset it XD

might i mention again that resetting the cmos jumper resets any BIOS settings (like time and date) you have so you'd also have to go to the BIOS and readjust them like overclocking if you've made any changes to it

that is if it works

so according to the manual would i pull out the jumper and place it in slot 3, start the pc, turn it off, and put it back in slot 1?

jumpers MIGHT not need to be pulled/shorted. can start with just the battery and test.

yea battery could be a better option too

when i have these issues i test run without the battery at all because its faster. till i get it working then i finally put it back in.
battery is used for remembering bios/startup hardware settings. if you use everything default there is no rush to put battery in place every test startup.

I cleared the cmos with the jumper but nothing happened, i pull the battery out next?

battery comes out regardless if you did the jumpers or not. that power needs to be reset to reset the settings.

Alright, I just pull on the battery and then it will come out? do i start up the computer after doing so or just plug it back in and then start up

What do you mean it won't 'load up'? Do you get anything on the display? Does it POST (via audio(usually beeping) or visual)?

The computer itself starts, but it wont go to bios or load up windows. There is a faintly heard sound during startup but it's been like that ever since I got this motherboard

Try powering it on with the case open, watch and listen closely. Anything move? Any lights come on? Any noises you can hear that you couldn't before?

i replugged the battery but it still doesnt boot up
Try powering it on with the case open, watch and listen closely. Anything move? Any lights come on? Any noises you can hear that you couldn't before?
i already keep the case open so that way i dont have to keep unscrewing it like the pleb i am. only sound is that POST, only lights are the big GEFORCE GTX lights on my GPU
wont be able to do anything for a while with it because my brothers going to sleep