working 60+ hours a week

Author Topic: working 60+ hours a week  (Read 4937 times)

oof

my rent is like $500 a month and I was so desperate for a job I applied everywhere and the only one I could find is as a dishwasher for a restaurant. They got me working 12 hours a day and I only got one day off. I wanna quit already but the money is forgetin good I make 1000 a week but I'm forgetin dead Inside

Should I stay or should I go rrrrrrr I'm basically going crazy cuz I work go to sleep wake up and work and I got no leisure time at all or anything and the total commute is 2 hours
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:46:59 AM by thegoodperry »

work there for like 6-7 weeks and then find a new job

idk is 50k a year worth not doing anything else

median income was $865 a week for full-time workers last year

I can't negotiate lower hours (I basically have to stay until the kitchen is clean) and I wanna work and quit but goddamn it's mad money

money at the expense of having no life doesn’t sound too great to me

Badspot

• Administrator
Work the stuff job until you have a good cash buffer for living expenses and emergencies, then look for an upgrade.

Try an entry level call center, friendo.

Work the stuff job until you have a good cash buffer for living expenses and emergencies, then look for an upgrade.
This is how I've went job to job, and I'm still alive

This. Don't ever, ever quit a job before you have another lined up.

i mean i dont see why you couldn't do freelance coding on the side for some extra bucks

I can't believe youre the only dishwasher at the restaurant, if they have any brains theyre probably looking for other dishwashers aswell which might mean your hours will be reduced if they get a new hire

i mean i dont see why you couldn't do freelance coding on the side for some extra bucks
he has like no free time lol

but ya work ur ass off until you got enough for a few months, long enough to get you to your next job
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:43:07 AM by Conan »