BCS World Cup 2018 - [SOUTH KOREA WINS]

Author Topic: BCS World Cup 2018 - [SOUTH KOREA WINS]  (Read 9580 times)

Presented by

Before signing up, please take the time to read the BCS's rulebook for this tournament, as well as the BCS Sportsmanship Guidelines, especially if you are a new player who has taken an interest in the sport, it is imperative you read both documents, graciously written by WALDO.

Founded by WALDO, Chill, 2many, and Tumbleweed in the summer of 2017, BCS was created in order to further the reach of sports in the Blockland community. Though currently dedicated to hosting our soccer server for the World Cup, we enjoy hosting a plethora of different sports on the server, and we always enjoy new players coming in to experience the wide world of Blockland sports.

As well as hosting a server for the community, BCS also owns a discord server as an outlet for all of our community members to talk to each other. We have different rooms for real-life sports discussions, we often broadcast major sports events or even sometimes movies on our Rabb.it room, and the discord is generally where we organize our games and events, so if you want to be at all involved in BCS, we highly recommend you join our discord!

JOIN THE DISCORD HERE

The Blockland Community of Sports is excited to take over the mantle that GBFL (and other affiliates) had for the previous 4 years of tournament host. Ever since the collapse of GBFL, we have been eagerly working to make this Cup the best one yet. So, for this cup, we are going back to the roots of the tournament and reinstating the World Cup, just as it was held in its inaugural year in 2014.

However, unlike the previous years, we didn’t want to feel confined by the constraints of the current year’s real life tournament, so we decided to part ways with the Russian theme of this year’s World Cup, and move our tournament to a more tropical, beached location. So we are going coastal with this year’s theme! This build, tirelessly built by 2many and Chill and their compatriots, features many topical treasures that fit with the incoming summer’s vibe.

The way the tournament is formatted, (depending on the number of teams), the tournament will consist of two parts: a regular season, and a playoff bracket. Each team will play each other at least once (again, depending on the quantity of teams), and their record will determine the seeding for the playoffs. The playoff will then be seeded accordingly, and the final team winning will be declared the victor.

Additionally, BCS is overhauling the team building system put in place by the GBFL at the beginning of last year. Instead of granting every player biased and unpopular “ranks,” we aren’t insinuating anything about the skill level of our players (you are all winners in our eyes). So now, we want to introduce a brand new team building system - The Draft.

Members of the community will be able to sign up to be a captain or a player, and upon approval of the BCS Admins, the community will then be able to vote on who they want to be captains. Those captains will then be tasked with scouting and compiling their personalized draft list, culminating in our grand draft day on June 29th, where everyone can join us on our Blockland server and in professional league style, watch as your favorite players get called up to the stage to compete in this year’s tournament.

We also know that as fun as it is playing soccer for soccer’s sake, the game could always use a little more. So, along the lines of our 2017 Winter Cup we are creating a prize pool for this years tournament. The dev team has generously laid down a base prize pool of $120, but that’s not all; with your help, the prize pool could grow even bigger by donating. Not only will you increase the prize pool, but you will also get some cool perks for our server, including things like a custom title, VIP access to the World Cup, and much more.

In terms of allocation, 80% of the prize pool will be guaranteed to the winning team. Regardless of position, authority, and stats, each player will get the same amount. But doesn’t that leave some of the money undistributed? Yes, it does. At the end of the season, after all the stats have been compiled, a ceremony will be held to celebrate not only the winner of the tournament but also the individual achievements of the players. During the ceremony, four individuals, Goalie of the Year, Defender of the Year, Offender of the Year, and Rookie of the Year, will all be celebrated. Additionally, the remaining 20% of the prize pool will be split among these four players,

Download this for all of BCS's enhancements to soccer gameplay, including shot curvature, goalie gloves, and added key binds.
Courtesy of Eagle517

Download this to be able to view all of the jerseys for this summer's teams! Coming soon.

We are also excited to announce a fantastic addition to the jerseys - Custom Jersey Numbers! Players can now choose a specific number they want on their back and it will be shown for all to see!
Courtesy of 2many and Eagle517

BCS is also happy to introduce some fun additions to our server: new titles and custom jets! There are shops located all over the build where you can find different titles and colored/emitter jets!
Courtesy of Eagle517, not available for download

We have introduced trading cards as a fun way to spend time while hanging out on the server. Players will receive 1 free pack a day, but they can buy additional packs of cards using points earned in scrimmages or from minigames. These cards feature players from each of the previous tournaments along with special lots of feature cards.

Players can then go around trading the cards they get with each other in an effort to complete teams and collect them all! If you collect all the players from one team in a certain cup, you will be awarded that team's special card, and if you collect each team card from a certain cup, you will get the very rare cup card.
Courtesy of 2many and Eagle517, not available for download

04/20/18 - BCS INTRODUCES CURVE SHOTS INTO GAMEPLAY

04/27/18 - BCS INTRODUCES GOALIE GLOVES INTO GAMEPLAY

05/23/18 - SHOP ADDED WITH BRAND NEW CUSTOM TITLES

06/01/18 - SHOP UPDATED WITH CUSTOM COLORED JETS

06/14/18 - SIGN UPS ANNOUNCED AND TOPIC CREATED

06/20/18 - NEW HATS ADDED TO THE SERVER COURTESY OF ZEUBERMEDIC

~pictures soon~

2many - For building and designing the logo and all the trading cards
Chill - For building
Tumbleweed - For the forum topic and exceedingly rigorous motivation of all the slackers involved
Eagle517 - For his immeasurable support and countless fantastic scripts
WALDO - For supplying all the necessary minutia (rules, sign up forms)
Jam Jar - For building and help designing the forum topic (all the graphics seen)
Cyber - For building
Kingston - For modeling our goalie gloves
ZeUberMedic - For giving us his custom nation hats

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:37:16 AM by Tumbleweed »

SCHEDULE

Happy to finally release this year's game schedule. The games will begin tomorrow and roll into next week. The playoffs will be scheduled after all of the stage 1 games are finished.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by Tumbleweed »

BAG reigns supreme...

cant wait for the cup

Players can then go around trading the cards they get with each other in an effort to complete teams and collect them all! If you collect all the players from one team in a certain cup, you will be awarded that team's special card, and if you collect each team card from a certain cup, you will get the very rare cup card.
so you're telling me that i can trade cards that have no out-of-server value with other players, then when the server closes all my progress is lost? what's the point of getting the "ultra rare cup card" if you will probably just have it for a day or two and then the server shuts down.

not available for download
nice
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:10:42 PM by Col. Burton »

i approve
so you're telling me that i can trade cards that have no out-of-server value with other players, then when the server closes all my progress is lost? what's the point of getting the "ultra rare cup card" if you will probably just have it for a day or two and then the server shuts down.
i promise you it'll be sick

oh my god please tell me they'res actually a sugar card

I'm coming back for revenge. Zimbabwe is dead...

hopefully my internet is stable now

bless you eagle the unspoken hero for doing all the code that i could not do since im a lazy forgeter

good luck to all the teams this year!

oh my god please tell me they'res actually a sugar card
i hoep

wheres the soviet narwhal card wtf

when will teams and players be announced?

i approvei promise you it'll be sick
but whats the point