Author Topic: Vehicle Brainstorm  (Read 1722 times)

Most vehicles are kinda boring.  This topic is for brainstorming ideas for new vehicles.

Mount points can be moved with animations.
So why not have a tank with a turret that raises up, so the main tank body can hide behind a hill.

Or a fair ride with moving seats.

There are also possibilities w/spawning extra vehicles or popping bots off of their vehicle.
Like, a car with an ejector seat.
Or, a plane with two tank turrets attached, upside down, to the bottom.  The people riding in the tank turrets could hit the spacebar to detach from the plane, floating down w/parachutes, and firing at anything in sight.

Or a large cargo plane which can spawn MAS Swarm Fighters out of the back while in midair.

There's some other cool stuff you can do with scripting.
What about a frog vehicle.  Just- a massive frog with room in the head for a blockhead.  Aim in the direction you want to go, then click and hold to charge your hop.
Or- better, have one of those Power Slider things from golf games, where you have to get the timing right to get the power level you want.

Someone could make a bulldozer(if that doesn't already exist), which destroys any bricks in front of, and slightly above it's blade.
It could do just do fakekills, but imagine if actually destroyed the bricks, and a Host could use it to clean up spam on his Freebuild.

I would also like to see a few turrets designed for air combat.
1. A regular raycasting machine gun, but with an aim-assist mode.  Bullets would "lock on" in a cone around where you're aiming.  So as long as you're aiming within a few degrees of a vehicle or player, the aim of your shots would shift a little bit.  Holding crouch would keep aim-assist off, allowing the bullets to go exactly where you're aiming.  This turret would be useful in dogfights, as it is... really hard to hit anything when you're zooming around like that.
2. A flak cannon which creates an minefield in midair.  Essentially, you aim in a direction, and use the scroll wheel to set a range.  It would show a sort of "ghost shape" so you can see exactly where the field is going to be.  For about 10 seconds, any vehicle entering that area sets off the mines, causing a series of explosions in midair.

more planes and boats is all i want

i feel like nobody has ever made a submarine before and i want that

theres been a submarine and theres been a bulldozer vehicle too. both are old as balls tho, pre-2012

strato made a submarine back in 2015 but the download is dead

Or a large cargo plane which can spawn MAS Swarm Fighters out of the back while in midair.

I actually planned to make something a lot like that at one point, no joke

strato made a submarine back in 2015 but the download is dead

A lot of his download links are dead, such as the artillery, javelin, and M1. Anyone care to rehost them?