What the hell is this game from my childhood?

Author Topic: What the hell is this game from my childhood?  (Read 1830 times)

I've been cursed with memories of this weird PC game I played ever since I was a kid. I made some mockups:

The main part of the game is this game board where you progress along the path and solve little word questions at each spot. The goal is the train tunnel at the end.

When you enter the tunnel, you are met with a disembodied face which mocks you for not solving enough questions correctly, and then he opens a trap door beneath you and you fall through the void and land back at the beginning of the board.

These memories are from forever ago but they're so clear. What the hell is this game?

Thompson's Road 4D. Arguably one of the first horror games that was both educational and horror. The final boss, Red Mouth, was censored in Germany because it was using Riddler in the sprite. The gameplay is mostly a linear game about a ghost train named Stewart who is still alive beyond the grave due to a grudge against the god of trains, Red Mouth. The game is known for several different gameplay types (much like the Sega Saturn game, Mr Bones). It was accidently put inside many schools under the idea that it was a fun game for kids, but it proved to be a problem for many schools. It's pictures of gore, animal corpses, and dead trains proved to be to much for the little kids at school. The game was recalled after they found pictures of a dead mouse in the game files. (Allegedly used as a placeholder for the roadkill seen in the railway segments of the game). This and the fact only 1000 copies were ever produced made it a hard game to track down. So much so that several people claim that it was never made, due to the fact that the alleged publisher, Strokey Interactive, has no record of existing. Some think it was a placeholder on the only picture of the box art and that the real publisher is a different company.  The game has never resurfaced since.

greenbh on some bullstuff

greenbh on some bullstuff

Thompson's Road is also the sequel to a game supposedly called Stewart the Train. Which was a bad DOS game that lacked any credits, even for the publisher and developer. The only thing we know is that it was a math game, and if you lost, a picture of Stewart the Train, dead, would appear on the screen.

hm looks like Squideey remembers a lost game...... nice

also I imagine people finding this, releasing it online, a bunch of youtubers play it, and then little handicapped kids say "uGh BaLdI's BaSiCs RiPoFf"

also I imagine people finding this, releasing it online, a bunch of youtubers play it, and then little handicapped kids say "uGh BaLdI's BaSiCs RiPoFf"
shut up

Thompson's Road 4D is not like that game. I can assure you. I doubt they would even touch it because of the train gore.

Thompson's Road 4D is not like that game. I can assure you. I doubt they would even touch it because of the train gore.
it's really that scary for a 90s or early 2000s game?

it's really that scary for a 90s or early 2000s game?

Yes. There were reports of kids pissing themselves at certain parts. Most people usually threw up at any parts with train gore.

did greenbh just write a creepypasta

i googled stewart the train and thompsons road and nothing came up for either. the forget

i googled stewart the train and thompsons road and nothing came up for either. the forget

What? Mandela effect man.

What? Mandela effect man.
                                           ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pretty sure I got a copy of this game. I'll see if I can find it