Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 5049 times)

lol if the person you're dating completely destroys your individuality, you're dating the wrong person. the problem doesn't lie in relationships as a concept, it lies in the person you try to have a relationship with. dating a stuffty person? you're gonna have a stuffty relationship that tears you down. dating a good person? you're gonna have a good relationship that builds you up, supports you, and benefits you both.
yes in theory all of this is true but good partners don't exist. maintaining a romantic relationship that is so intimate requires partners with opposite values. this is why friends are more important, they have the same values as you. your partner can't, naturally because we are romantically attracted to people who are different than ourselves

In general it's so much safer to stick to no strings attached superficial relationships, especially while younger, so you can develop as an individual person, because the perfect date never exists and if they do they're probably just a stuffty person masquerading as the perfect date. anyone who argues that their partner is their soulmate is basically insecure and has to lie to themselves and other people in order to give the happy family appearance that people put on a pedistal
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:30:49 PM by PhantOS »

yes in theory all of this is true but good partners don't exist.
*falls backward in chair*

All of that aside if you're in a healthy relationship then congratulations, but thats really an anomaly for most people. Everyone should approach love cautiously with the knowledge that there's a high chance it will damage your emotional health for a really long time.

itt incredibly unhealthy people coach socially awkward dude how to recluse back into feeling like a loser because they forgeted up their own life already and are bitter about it

just keep on keeping on and don't sabotage anything out of self-doubt. That's really all there is to it

I swear to God wasn't espio like 15 at one point since when is he 18? am I just going crazy

My god, you mean to say that time moved in a linear and predictable fashion?!

here i'll help prepare u for being loved
ily <3

My god, you mean to say that time moved in a linear and predictable fashion?!
oh eat my ass ike

realtalk tho every age between 14 and 18 sorta just blur together for me anyways so I can understand where you're coming from lol

when you're single, you have the freedom to explore your dreams and achieve as much as you want because the only person who matters is yourself. as soon as you start a romantic relationship all that dream stuff goes on hold indefinitely as your life is no longer about you, but about your partner. Suddenly there's someone else who is now the center of your attention. Then when you inevitably break up, you have a huge gap in your psyche where all your individuality used to be, and you have to work for months just to fill that hole partially and motivate yourself

The younger you are, the worse this stuff is. Espio's like 16 too which is like the average time when you gain really warped romantic experience that changes your personality forever. Love is bad for you
Oh no, i have to care for another human being, must be very bad

But anyways, if you think relationships are bad you either didn't bother to form a connection before getting serious or you just chose the wrong person. Simple as that.

Oh no, i have to care for another human being, must be very bad
it actually is holy stuff youth is really important you basically have like 10 more years until you slip up and they're all sold out of plan bs you should be focusing on your life and writing your own story not someone elses
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:54:08 PM by PhantOS »

phantos is that one guy whos been dumped and is miserable so he tries to make everyone around him miserable to make himself feel like hes fitting in

phantos is that one guy whos been dumped and is miserable so he tries to make everyone around him miserable to make himself feel like hes fitting in
ive never been dumped before, I've only broken up on mutual grounds. and breaking up basically cured my depression twice so forget you I'm as happy as can be