Big head fun

Author Topic: Big head fun  (Read 9677 times)

avatars broken forever just like the chrome theme.

LMAO are people actually thinking avatars are gonna be unchangable forever
i'm proud of you, forums

LMAO are people actually thinking avatars are gonna be unchangable forever
i'm proud of you, forums

Bro the forums are still chrome.

We got a new forum because cigarettes broke the original.

And now cigarettes are trying to break the new one.

tbh if u respond negatively to trying to mess with exploits then i think youre trying too hard to get a reason to be angry
i tried loving with it too, its just fun for some people to find exploits in websites. lmao i changed my fullname to some stupid meme in the official highschool register because of such simple website exploits. this stuff was even more tame than that, the page didnt stretch, hell the majority of users use Swollow's skin and it doesn't even work there.
not to mention you couldn't even change the "glitched" avatar, although it probably wouldn't take long for someone to find out.

avatars broken forever just like the chrome theme.
Bro the forums are still chrome.
There are currently more important things to focus on right now than a forum theme. I believe the theme will be added in the future, after Badspot and Rotondo deal with the things people are breaking (example: avatars). The two people that run this site are not miracle workers.

My point is that you need to give them time to figure all of this out. Don't expect a fix immediately after someone breaks something, because as Badspot said:
SMF in particular is written by deranged maniacs.  Spaghetti doesn't even begin to describe it.  The number of features and the amount of indirection is crippling.  The style is wtf.  Here's an actual line of code:

Code: [Select]
$context['icon'] = isset($_REQUEST['icon']) ? preg_replace('~[\./\\\\*\':"<>]~', '', $_REQUEST['icon']) : 'xx';We've got ternary operator and regex on one line with no comments in sight.  What does this line do?  Who knows.  preg_replace is used 164 times in the code base and has been the source of tons of bugs and vulnerabilities because it is unreadable without consulting your regex hieroglyphics guide.  And most of the time it's there to support some totally useless feature that just ads to the attack surface.

The only way forward for forum software is to write my own.
And believe me, it takes some time to fix code that you didn't even make; especially when it's as trash as Badspot proposes it is.

There are currently more important things to focus on right now than a forum theme. I believe the theme will be added in the future,
im pretty sure there will never be a theme because Swollow's project is already way too far ahead, unless this gets adapted somehow

im pretty sure there will never be a theme because Swollow's project is already way too far ahead, unless this gets adapted somehow
If anything, the userscript is just a (really nice) temporary fix. I don't think Badspot / Rotondo would want the forums looking like this to newcomers.

If anything, the userscript is just a (really nice) temporary fix. I don't think Badspot / Rotondo would want the forums looking like this to newcomers.
also to mobile

?

[img  width=600]https://leopard.hosting/dl/gkjjo/Screenshot_20180715-092754.png[/img]
how tf do you get tampermonkey on mobile

how tf do you get tampermonkey on mobile
greasemonkey on firefox moble.

I still don't understand why everyone's rushing to design the old forum theme lol. This one is really nice and neutral, good for your eyes and everything. The old blue one was a total eyesore in every way

Here is me, using safari on mobile like a cigarette

I still don't understand why everyone's rushing to design the old forum theme lol. This one is really nice and neutral, good for your eyes and everything. The old blue one was a total eyesore in every way
i hate smf 2's default theme, its ugly, too bright, and honestly, its the theme every basic ass forum has.