Player persistence avatar selection idea.

Author Topic: Player persistence avatar selection idea.  (Read 2071 times)

Every avatar edit I've seen sucks. I even asked swollow if he would implement player persistence and the response I get is "player persistence is stuff"

I'm running a medieval RPG. I don't want to enforce and ban people for wearing spacemen avatars. So the obvious solution is to disable them from editing their avatar and letting them pick out a pre-made selection by me through events.

I don't want to set uniforms This goes against my free choice thinking of wanting people to look how they want to look like as long as it is medieval.

So I need to set up events that when activated changes parts of their avatar.

I need normal avatar customization disabled.

And I need player persistence so they can't log out, change their avatar and then spawn in with a new one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:10:42 AM by King Tøny »

Also goth77's avatar events don't work 100% and player persistence is bugged.

Doing this with player persistenceis dumb. Instead just package an onspawn and applybodyparts method to just do what Tony wants

Doing this with player persistenceis dumb. Instead just package an onspawn and applybodyparts method to just do what Tony wants

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When they spawn in they'll spawn where they last left off on so that's not going to work. They aren't going to spawn in a spawn room.

It has to be player persistence.

So what I want is player persistence on avatars.

That was a note for whoever designs this addon for you. They shouldn't use player persistenceis because it's the wrong script

You want to prevent people from selecting avatars and instead force them to use a preset selection. Player persistence cannot do anything about this. One just package applybodyparts
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:10:15 PM by thegoodperry »

That was a note for whoever designs this addon for you. They shouldn't use player persistenceis because it's the wrong script

You want to prevent people from selecting avatars and instead force them to use a preset selection. Player persistence cannot do anything about this. One just package applybodyparts

What do you mean, the player persistence will load them with the avatar they had on my server previously.

I don't know what you mean by 'applybodyparts"

I don't know what you mean by 'applybodyparts"
"that was a note for whoever designs this addon for you"

I don't want to apply their avatar manually.

I just want it set automatically with player persistence.

I don't want to apply their avatar manually.

I just want it set automatically with player persistence.
[NEWS} its applying it automatically with applybodyparts, player persistence isnt what you need

[NEWS} its applying it automatically with applybodyparts, player persistence isnt what you need

okay?