Opinions on Brickadia

Author Topic: Opinions on Brickadia  (Read 25909 times)

what makes them so arrogant, the fact that they let trustworthy users test their incredibly important and fragile project as opposed to people who could potentially (and probably already have) leak or disrupt their development
They’ve stolen game assets, extremely super secretive elitist for literally no reason, allows certain POPULAR blockland users ONLY, and rids of users only THEY deem annoying.

They’ve stolen game assets, extremely super secretive elitist for literally no reason, allows certain POPULAR blockland users ONLY, and rids of users only THEY deem annoying.
  • they haven't stolen stuff. i think ten people here have repeated that any blockland asset here except from the stud is not going to be in the final game.
  • it's secretive literally because of the previous point you've just made - they don't want screenshots of the game being in-dev coming out because of dumbasses like you who scream 'they stole blockland assets!!! burn them!!!'
  • if you really think keeping a game a secret until they have something they actually want to present is arrogance, i don't know what to tell you. you're very dumb, i'll say that at least
  • they don't only allow popular blockland players, they allow people they trust won't spread the game everywhere despite it being in pre-alpha stages. clearly that's gone out of control, though
  • they're removing annoying people to make sure the community doesn't turn into a stuffhole like these forums. i don't see much wrong with that, lol

• they're removing annoying people to make sure the community doesn't turn into a stuffhole like these forums. i don't see much wrong with that, lol

• they haven't stolen stuff. i think ten people here have repeated that any blockland asset here except from the stud is not going to be in the final game.
  • it's secretive literally because of the previous point you've just made - they don't want screenshots of the game being in-dev coming out because of dumbasses like you who scream 'they stole blockland assets!!! burn them!!!'
  • if you really think keeping a game a secret until they have something they actually want to present is arrogance, i don't know what to tell you. you're very dumb, i'll say that at least
  • they don't only allow popular blockland players, they allow people they trust won't spread the game everywhere despite it being in pre-alpha stages. clearly that's gone out of control, though
Bergle n*****as be like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR STAY AWAY FROM MY BRICKADIA

I can attest to that too. The devs are greedy arrogant narcissists. They think they're so much better than everyone else, making quality content essentially for free and working really hard to deliver a well made building experience. They also have these thinks called 'dev meetings' or whatever which is their exclusive club that they don't invite people to and then lord over others about how it went... It's always "here's the new features we're adding" and "that's a good suggestion thank you we'll consider it". Such richards! How come I wasn't invited? They really are arrogant

Ugh I can't stand em. Someone ought to teach them their place
That certainly sounds more like a joke than anything but I personally don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers and teams do that, they provide an exclusive alpha test for people they can trust to give constructive feedback about what problems needs to be fixed and what features could be added, so that later in development a possible Beta phase could start allowing a lot more players to join, or else it could be a clusterforget of random comments that it would be difficult to keep on track at first.

That certainly sounds more like a joke than anything but I personally don't see a problem with that, a lot of developers and teams do that, they provide an exclusive alpha test for people they can trust to give constructive feedback about what problems needs to be fixed and what features could be added, so that later in development a possible Beta phase could start allowing a lot more players to join, or else it could be a clusterforget of random comments that it would be difficult to keep on track at first.
yes that's basically the industry standard of project releases and development. I'm confused on why warzone Is complaining about brickadia being 'elitist' when literally all games spend years being privately developed before even a glimpse is given to the public. Like look at Skyrim it was developed for years privately by a select team of individuals and when a beta became available it was only given to showcase at game festivals and to reviewers. That seems pretty arrogant to me if I were warzone

wow, you really don't seem like a very nice person, and i wouldn't ever want to be friends with you!
this post is a great example of when you reach critically low levels of amount of brain cells. try leaving the computer. go outside! i think the screen might be burning ya

Hi, I've gotta say something about this.

stolen game assets
We have used, as placeholders:
- Some of blockland's special brick shapes (removed permanantly from the game since tester build 0.3.0)
- Some of blockland's player textures (same situation as above)
- Blockland's stud texture (this is, in fact, a royalty free texture also used in some company logos and also by wikipedia as a normal mapping example)
- Blockland's "load bls finish" sound (plays when you use the bls importer to load a save file, removed with the bls importer since 0.3.0)

At no point have we advertised screenshots or videos of the game while these placeholders were in use. This is one of the main reasons the project is being kept under wraps and we're working tirelessly to get 0.3 ready and tested so we can start marketing our game.

extremely super secretive elitist for literally no reason
I'm not sure where you got this idea from. The server is private for the reasons discussed above. We do not want unfinished work plastered across the blockland forum.

allows certain POPULAR blockland users ONLY
10% of the testers have never heard of blockland, and more than half of the server's population, including some people posting here, don't actually have build access and are just there to follow development. There are people in here that are disinterested by blockland and have never played it, but like how we've revamped the graphics and build controls in our videos. How exactly would making a policy of letting a lot of popular people in help with keeping a low profile?

and rids of users only THEY deem annoying.
This isn't something we do at all and makes it sound like you broke one of our clearly defined rules (see #rules) and got thrown out. We are incredibly passive moderators (we happen to have something more important to do), so congratulations. Is that what this is about?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:09:26 PM by chrisbot6 »

not funny

embarrassing

Hi, I've gotta say something about this.
We have used, as placeholders:
- Some of blockland's special brick shapes (removed permanantly from the game since tester build 0.3.0)
- Some of blockland's player textures (same situation as above)
- Blockland's stud texture (this is, in fact, a royalty free texture also used in some company logos and also by wikipedia as a normal mapping example)
- Blockland's "load bls finish" sound (plays when you use the bls importer to load a save file, removed with the bls importer since 0.3.0)

At no point have we advertised screenshots or videos of the game while these placeholders were in use. This is one of the main reasons the project is being kept under wraps and we're working tirelessly to get 0.3 ready and tested so we can start marketing our game.
I'm not sure where you got this idea from. The server is private for the reasons discussed above. We do not want unfinished work plastered across the blockland forum.
10% of the testers have never heard of blockland, and more than half of the server's population, including some people posting here, don't actually have build access and are just there to follow development. There are people in here that are disinterested by blockland and have never played it, but like how we've revamped the graphics and build controls in our videos. How exactly would making a policy of letting a lot of popular people in help with keeping a low profile?
This isn't something we do at all and makes it sound like you broke one of our clearly defined rules (see #rules) and got thrown out. We are incredibly passive moderators (we happen to have something more important to do), so congratulations. Is that what this is about?
K

allows certain POPULAR blockland users ONLY, and rids of users only THEY deem annoying.
its definitely not a popular-users-only club, they literally gave tester to (nearly?) everyone who was in the server when a certain update came. it wasnt a prize for famous ppl, it was actually pretty unbiased.

i... dont see anything wrong with that? the admins/devs are pretty relaxed, but on top of that, whats wrong with removing someone you find annoying from your server? you might be thinking "its bad because they just remove individuals who arent rly a problem, they just dont like them so they get booted" but i mean, thats how any place works? do you want the whole community to vote on whether or not to keep someone around any time the admins think its the right choice to boot someone? and again, the admins are very relaxed in my experience so this hardly ever comes into play anyway.

wow, you really don't seem like a very nice person, and i wouldn't ever want to be friends with you!
this post is a great example of when you reach critically low levels of amount of brain cells. try leaving the computer. go outside! i think the screen might be burning ya
now this is a funny roast