Opinions on Brickadia

Author Topic: Opinions on Brickadia  (Read 25231 times)

If you play my leaked copy you'll see its more like roblox. Trust me.

Character does the "Roblox" movement when you aren't in first person or don't have a tool out and there are no tools 0.1. Obviously we didn't want people to know about the game at that point (and even now to an extent) since it still needs work, but what more can you do?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:02:27 PM by Wrapperup »

If you play my leaked copy you'll see its more like roblox. Trust me.

you mean a literal tech demo that's not even close to how the game is now?

Character does the "Roblox" movement when you aren't in first person or don't have a tool out and there are no tools 0.1. Obviously we didn't want people to know about the game at that point (and even now to an extent) since it still needs work, but what more can you do?

but he needs to leak it so he can get attention!!

I just leaked it because whoever gave it to me didn't like one of the creators and I didn't know what to do with it

You could'a you know just deleted it instead of being a prickhead and leaking it

The game's private to testers for a reason you handicap

It's alright. I think making another brick based building game/sandbox is two steps forward one step back. It's a nice improvement from what i've seen so far. Grid/parent based building and omni-directional placement of bricks. On the downside all of us will have to start from scratch. Learning a new language, learning a new engine. Unless there is some sort of save exporter, we won't be seeing our beloved saves again unless you want to painstakingly reference them between the two games. (I'm sure there IS a save exporter).

Not to mention it will split what we have left of this small and concluded community. People who don't like Brickadia won't bother to migrate and those who will continue to play blockland despite a better option being available to them, they will feel left out - and that will dwindle whatever numbers blockland has left. A collective effort to migrate games would also take away from badspot's annual income (still have yet to see sales records). I'm assuming he still makes a bit of money on the side, and as far as passion for this game there is none. From my absence and from what i've been able to see through lurking these pasts few years - he's done nothing to help the growth of the game after blockland hit steam. No ads. no announcements. We still haven't even gotten that fabled "hat update" we were teased about years ago. I'm assuming based on these factors that he's just done. And why would he spend any collective effort on a game with fewer than 500 players anyway.

I see it as a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because that means whatever feeling blockland had on us made us want to improve upon the original, and that's completely fine. This isn't reinventing the wheel, it's improving it's design for better functionality. The drawback is that this might feel like a huge "forget you" to badspot. As he was too lazy or uninspired to do anything else with this game when this project is proof that there was still much to do in terms of bug fixes and optimizations. Yeah sure the engine is old, but i get the feeling he didn't want to change anything drastically because he didn't feel like it. That's just my two cents though.

is the building system going to be gay like blocklands where you have to use your loving numpad or is it going to be good like old roblox studios where you just drag and drop?

is the building system going to be gay like blocklands where you have to use your loving numpad or is it going to be good like old roblox studios where you just drag and drop?
It's a mix of both, it's not bad at all though

It's a mix of both, it's not bad at all though

You're gonna have to explain this

You're gonna have to explain this
you can click with the brick tool to place a ghost brick / move it around, clicking and dragging resizes the brick, you can go into a camera view which locks ur camera over the ghost brick and use WASD and like space and shift to move the brick in the cardinal directions, I forgot what the rotate key is but it's there too

also clicking and dragging and using the scroll wheel separates bricks in incriments, like the dashed line on a road, useful as forget for building brick walls

inh explained it better
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:43:21 PM by Electrk.. »

you can click with the brick tool to place a ghost brick / move it around, clicking and dragging resizes the brick, you can go into a camera view which locks ur camera over the ghost brick and use WASD and like space and shift to move the brick in the cardinal directions, I forgot what the rotate key is but it's there too

also clicking and dragging and using the scroll wheel separates bricks in incriments, like the dashed line on a road, useful as forget for building brick walls

So to actually move the brick around I still have to either aim with the brick gun or use the numpad keys?

So to actually move the brick around I still have to either aim with the brick gun or use the numpad keys?

not the numpad

WASD to move in the four directions
space to move it up
shift to move it down

this is all very up in the air right now so it's not set in stone

Directional brick movement has no reason to exist. All you need is literally a mouse to aim and a mousewheel to adjust height and maybe right click for rotation . Anything else is just unnecessarily complex design imo

you have to use the brick gun initially to place the ghost brick, but afterwards you can point and click, or go into orbital and use WASD (aka numpad like way)