Author Topic: The Basic RPG  (Read 9192 times)

leave the poor kid alone perry
waiy nevermind its keaton but like. calm down
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:51:08 AM by maxymax13 »

Theres no way one human can make a remotely interesting rpg game. The scope is way over their head- character and story design needs a year of writing to be passable and for the most part rpg mechanics already just have the bar set too low, so it's not like any rpg game made by one person can achieve any sort of quality

Every single one of your posts smacks of someone who is talking out of their ass but has figured out how to come off matter-of-fact just enough to trick most people into thinking you have a point. Your entire rant was useless! The whole thing!

Every single one of your posts smacks of someone who is talking out of their ass but has figured out how to come off matter-of-fact just enough to trick most people into thinking you have a point. Your entire rant was useless! The whole thing!
[/quoteeverything I said in this is true from years of playing. The part about solo devs is almost entirely understood and if anything an overstatement of what solo devs can achieve in one year

everything I said in this is true from years of playing. The part about solo devs is almost entirely understood and if anything an overstatement of what solo devs can achieve in one year

Like are you talking out of your ass and acting matter of factly if everything you say is true and a matter of fact? Grinding isnt fun - literally every academic game design book. Blockland RPGs are bloated with grinding - literally true except for pirate rpg. Solo game devs cannot make an entertaining and meaningful rpg game with good game mechanics in one year - I mean holy stuff nobody in all of history has ever done this so it's loving true

It's funny because Ike you came into this thread not to dispute what I said but to just say "I don't like your ideas" without giving any other reason or even building an argument against it
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:33:54 AM by thegoodperry »

It's funny because Ike you came into this thread not to dispute what I said but to just say "I don't like your ideas" without giving any other reason or even building an argument against it

Are you offended that nobody wants to take your posts in good faith anymore? I think that's pretty much your own fault.

phanto mi amor regardless of the iq of the op u should chillax some

i dont like your ideas either :[

Are you offended that nobody wants to take your posts in good faith anymore? I think that's pretty much your own fault.
are you offended by the truth? I don't know why you think me stating facts is bad faith unless it's just obvious and you have a strange way of showing agreement.

I put effort into the posts in this thread because bad servers are a real issue and there are numerous ways they can be prevented. It's all in good faith to stress these shortcomings because people who take that advice can actually use it and make not terrible servers. Your lazy attacks at me will just result in a positive feedback loop upon server devs and reinforce more stuffty design practices
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:31:08 AM by thegoodperry »

are you offended by the truth? I don't know why you think me stating facts is bad faith unless it's just obvious and you have a strange way of showing agreement.

I put effort into the posts in this thread because bad servers are a real issue and there are numerous ways they can be prevented. It's all in good faith to stress these shortcomings because people who take that advice can actually use it and make not terrible servers. Your lazy attacks at me will just result in a positive feedback loop upon server devs and reinforce more stuffty design practices
just get off this topic if you have no reason to try to offend me for making a rpg i havent even finished yet and you havent seen yet

keaton dont fall into the trap of listening to the community

keaton dont fall into the trap of listening to the community
k

leave the poor kid alone perry
waiy nevermind its keaton but like. calm down
accutaly both of us should

do you then. I've given my advice