Sentry gun you can mount weapons to + TF2 Dispenser

Author Topic: Sentry gun you can mount weapons to + TF2 Dispenser  (Read 3145 times)

this needs to be a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4ws-11dZc

10 TIMES BETTER IDEA:

what about a sentry gun you can mount weapons to

also, a TF2-like "Bushido"-style Dispenser item. It would be upgradable to have more health, heal players faster, and dispense ammo faster.

How it would work:
The dispenser would have a supply function wherein when a player walks into "supply range" of the dispenser, the dispenser automatically heals the player a certain amount every second (until they leave range), and drops ammo pickups for the player. If there are no players in range, the dispenser will not dispense ammo pickups or give off health. After initiating an ammo drop, there is a cooldown time until the dispenser will drop ammo again (to avoid spamming the server with items on the ground). The items the dispenser would drop would be set as a pref in Glass/RTB, with the server owner being able to specify what specific drops (or none at all) the dispenser would have.

Level 1: 120 health. Heals 6 health per second, with a healing radius of 5 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 6 seconds.
Level 2: 150 health. Heals 8 health per second, with a healing radius of 6 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 5.5 seconds.
Level 3: 180 health. Heals 9 health per second, with a healing radius of 7 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 5 seconds.

What do you guys think? Any modelers/programmers up for the challenge of making this?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:02:41 PM by Planr »

Was that a giant centipede?

Where the forget can I find that

It's part of ArmyUnit's Bug mods that are too buggy or incomplete to be released. They have been in development for about like.. 5+ years if I recall? I'm sure it'l come out eventually.

It's part of ArmyUnit's Bug mods that are too buggy or incomplete to be released. They have been in development for about like.. 5+ years if I recall? I'm sure it'l come out eventually.
lmao what
bug mod has been out for years

lmao what
bug mod has been out for years

There are more bug mods than just those. The normal centipede is in one of those unreleased mods. It might not come out until a long while, unless otherwise stated.

not a good idea if you intend to host a legit server with this
the projectiles would absolutely kill it

There are more bug mods than just those. The normal centipede is in one of those unreleased mods. It might not come out until a long while, unless otherwise stated.
didn't he release more in the last year or so?

this this this this this

editing op with this now

Updated OP with more information + an even better request that's far more desperately needed

If I had the time, I'd work on the model for you. I might be able to chip away at it over time, but you'd have to wait awhile for it, since I have school, work, and a different game/mod project going at the moment

Trust me you do NOT want that glitchy thing, lol

MINI NUKE SENTRY GUN

also, a TF2-like "Bushido"-style Dispenser item. It would be upgradable to have more health, heal players faster, and dispense ammo faster.

How it would work:
The dispenser would have a supply function wherein when a player walks into "supply range" of the dispenser, the dispenser automatically heals the player a certain amount every second (until they leave range), and drops ammo pickups for the player. If there are no players in range, the dispenser will not dispense ammo pickups or give off health. After initiating an ammo drop, there is a cooldown time until the dispenser will drop ammo again (to avoid spamming the server with items on the ground). The items the dispenser would drop would be set as a pref in Glass/RTB, with the server owner being able to specify what specific drops (or none at all) the dispenser would have.

Level 1: 120 health. Heals 6 health per second, with a healing radius of 5 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 6 seconds.
Level 2: 150 health. Heals 8 health per second, with a healing radius of 6 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 5.5 seconds.
Level 3: 180 health. Heals 9 health per second, with a healing radius of 7 studs. Ammo drop cooldown is 5 seconds.

What do you guys think? Any modelers/programmers up for the challenge of making this?
so basically the dispenser from tf2
edit :
sentry would basically be a custom bot (tm)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:02:59 AM by Lapis the Floran »

Bump

We have the dispensers modeled now, thanks to ZeUberMedic.

Anyone willing to script this? I can supply you with the sounds and the model.

We have the dispensers modeled now, thanks to ZeUberMedic.
ZeUberEngineer