Star Citizen backers no longer able to receive refunds

Author Topic: Star Citizen backers no longer able to receive refunds  (Read 1919 times)

and it surprised nobody lmao

I remember talking to morons who thought this game would succeed

star citizen for crowdfunding scam of the year

laugh all you want but your ships won't make a dent on my $130,000 all-star ship collection featuring the highest tier vessels available in the universe, plus with an included insurance bonus for two weeks that nullify any costs and respawn time required to repair said vessels.

Did this game like shut down or something?

And I laugh at people thinking this would have been the No Mans Sky killer.

Did this game like shut down or something?

I think it's still being made but it's a bottomless money pit at this point

backing a game is like a gamble that you'll always lose because when's the last time you even found one of those "BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE TIER AND THERE'S A STATUE DEDICATED TO YOU HIDDEN IN THE WORLD!!!!!" things, or when's the last time a game that offered the soundtrack as a backer reward hasn't had its soundtrack almost immediately ripped out of the game and posted on a hundred different websites

I mean... naturally your Kickstarter funds cannot be refunded after the 30 day campaign ends, and I don't see how 4 years into development they can magically produce the original 4.2 million dollars to give back to people

I don't think there was a cutoff date for funding

No I think it's in development hell.
Who thinks this will take as long as DNF?

I used to try and defend this game to the best of my ability but I can't anymore. As someone who has access to the game itself, it's not really going anywhere for a long time, not to mention its reputation is tarnished beyond saving. What a shame.

I don't think there was a cutoff date for funding
all Kickstarter campaign have a mandantory refund cutoff date of the campaign conclusion so technically all refunds were legally removed like 6 years ago. The company can still offer refunds if they want but considering it's been this long they definitely don't have the money to refund people anymore. If you refund like 20% of the budget you officially damage the budget of the project which makes more people want refunds and eventually you reach a point where there is physically no money left to refund because all of it was spent already on the game development