who play puyo.

Author Topic: who play puyo.  (Read 3908 times)

reveal yourself. i have puyo puyo tetris on PC and switch and i need to know who all the cool people are on this forum

i just recently started playing ranked on switch because PC matchmaking sucks

by the power of O i compel you to show me your power level. i don't really have much more of a point to this thread i just need to know if anyone here cares about puyo aside from me and char

some resources for Get Good:
puyo.guide
Hard Drop Tetris Wiki
Puyo Nexus Wiki
Puyo Nexus Chain Sim

tell me if you got any suggestions
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 03:57:11 PM by otto-san »

i would buy puyo puyo tetris but i am 99% sure that i would be killed by everyone online

you probably will see some trouble if you play on PC. there aren't nearly enough people online at any given point, so the game doesn't bother trying to match you with people around your league/ranking. most people on PC end up playing against 15k players right from the start. i started out just playing against friends, did a bunch of single player practice, and got online when i felt like i could compete

on any platform other than PC tho, online is probably gonna be pretty good at finding players more or less around your skill level

i like PPT but i don't own it on PC
plus i'd just be primarily be playing tetris mode since i'm pretty decent at it but ass at puyo

i like PPT but i don't own it on PC
plus i'd just be primarily be playing tetris mode since i'm pretty decent at it but ass at puyo
that's where most people are at. tetris is actually OP once you get quick. puyo just can't do anything when garbage is dropping over their board every second. it's very rare that i match against someone playing puyo, p much everyone plays tetris, i guess cus it's so much more intuitive to learn and pretty rewarding. in fact if you look at the top 20 players i think the vast majority are tetris mains

if you learn to center 4 wide quickly, everyone will hate you, but you'll win. tho you shouldn't skimp on actually learning normal stacking and things like t spin setups. not a huge tetris player tho so i can't give much advice. hard drop is a good place to go to for tetris tips
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:43:37 PM by otto-san »

not a 4wide person myself. typically i just stack and get tetrises as fast as possible, sometimes stopping to take doubles and triples if stack height & piece selection calls for it.

i'm half decent at tetris the absolute the grandmaster 2 so i at least know how to go fast

i wish i could get perfect clears more consistently because they're baller as hell, there's just so many ways they can complete and my tetris brain is too tiny to understand all of em. my tetris is actually getting rusty cus i spent so much time practicing puyo recently, gotta get back into practice cus playing ranked is gonna suck eventually if i can't play tetris effectively

just bought this my friend ID is in the other thread

were you guys also really bad at this at the beginning

otto. how are you going to win puyo puyo when you're playing a tetris piece.

otto. how are you going to win puyo puyo when you're playing a tetris piece.

Like This

were you guys also really bad at this at the beginning
Yea

i should add resources in the OP for getting Good

i'm not saying i loving love this game but i loving love this game
only problem is I lent my brother out my switch and 20$ online.

all i can say of puyo is that this man

is god himself
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:23:54 PM by Metalliku »

all i can say of puyo is that this man

is god himself
if using his alternate voice i can't help but agree

otherwise though, I'm partial to our boy

(mostly because his voice is among the least grinding)