Can the game make a comeback?

Author Topic: Can the game make a comeback?  (Read 7666 times)

So why would I want to use steam workshop then?

Not to mention the community here will mass flags someone and get their content removed and possibly banned off steam.

So why would I want to use steam workshop then?
Then don't, let others have their alternatives that are much more convenient to use than to search out a third party mod

Garry's Mod, Source Filmmaker have non-Steam alternatives, and i think even Starbound does too, but everyone uses the workshop anyway because it's quicker and more convenient
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:02:08 AM by Masterlegodude »

if you actually think "blockland doesn't need updates to stay popular" you're mad.

if roblox was the exact same game+website that it was back in 2010, would it still be popular today? of course not. roblox still thrives today because theres constant development and updates to the game - its basically an entirely new game compared to what it was years ago.
blockland has been literally the exact same game as it has been since, like, 2013. sure there's been a bunch of new revolutionary add-ons, but add-ons can only do so much before the true restrictions of a engine from 2004 starts to show. this is why it's now just slowly dying off - with badspot clearly being done with the game, many other developers have also accepted this same fate and have abandoned the game too. we're now at the loving desperate times of injecting dlls into the game to get anything new out of it and even then it's becoming more and more boring.

a game like this can be considered 'done', sure. but you cannot expect a 'finished' game to still have an active community after this many years.

You forget that roblox is FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the fact you'll probably spend more than 10 dollars on roblox on stupid stuff as opposed to blockland which is a 1 time fee for the full game.

I can imagine badspot is sick of having to cater people who already bought his game ages ago, he's not getting anymore money off ya'll.

I really think badspot should move to F2P with micro transactions for decals/faces and avatar parts.

decals/faces do not download server side, you'd have to download them individually and only other players who have downloaded it will see it. Making faces/decals useless.

So to get around the non-serverside downloading issue badspot could add a stuffload of decals/faces to the default game and charge like 10-20 cents each to unlock those faces.

I guarantee he'd make more money selling faces/decals for a few cents than he would selling game keys.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:38:14 AM by King Tøny »

I woulds pay 25 cents to unlock a 512x512 .png image.

So would a stuffload of other people.

It's not pay2win or anything either, it's just more avatar customization which I think is a good thing.

Money isn't the problem he's just not interested in this game anymore.

Money isn't the problem he's just not interested in this game anymore.

Yeah I wouldn't be interested in a 10 year old game either if it wasn't throwing me endless streams of money.

Roblox has a loving toy deal now. I see stupid roblox figure blind boxes at target.

What does blockland have?

Roblox has a loving toy deal now. I see stupid roblox figure blind boxes at target.

t-shirts

t-shirts

Where can I buy one?

I would love to walk around with a random obscure shirt no one will understand where it's from

I made it on zazzle I think lol

I made it on zazzle I think lol

Is badspot getting a % out of it?

Is badspot getting a % out of it?

no. I've bought 30 keys I think it's a fair trade

no